Software Developer - MES - Full-time
Helena, GA 31037
Job Family Group:Information Technology
Are you ready to do something remarkable? Ready to collaborate with an incredible team to solve problems that improve people’s lives? Meet Ingevity.
At Ingevity, we develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads to last longer and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Our people come from all different backgrounds and help reimagine new possibilities daily. We understand there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. We seek out new ideas for tackling complex problems and celebrate achieving the improbable. We value each person’s unique talents and synergize them to create meaningful impact and sustainable solutions for our customers and our world.
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. If these qualities describe you, we’d love for you to join Ingevity!
The Software Developer of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) will provide maintenance, support, and development for all system related aspects of the Waynesboro, GA facility's manufacturing operations. The developer will work with stakeholders to understand system interface and process requirement needs and turn those needs into reality.
The developer will translate process objectives into technical requirements and work with operations, engineering, and management to help implement sustainable actions to drive operational excellence throughout the facility.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfill their role while demonstrating the Ingevity core behaviors of stewardship, performance excellence, innovative spirit, respect for the individual and teamwork. A commitment to safe behaviors and attitudes is expected at all times.
Occasional on-site support will be required.
How you will impact Ingevity:
- Support system design, development, enhancement, documentation, and implementation of MES.
- Assess technologies and create technical specifications, process diagrams and data models for application development.
- Work closely with contract developers to strategically define system requirements and design solutions that add value to manufacturing processes.
- Prepare and execute test plans and cutover plans.
- Manage and document system project timelines as well as contract developer project timelines.
- Document, prioritize, and delegate daily support with contract developers.
- Implement MES solutions and integrate with ERP and manufacturing equipment.
- Nights and weekend support shared with other team members.
- Partner with plant engineers to improve existing systems and processes by providing system analysis of existing development.
- Gather user requirements in relation to controlling and recording manufacturing activities
- Work with Systems Analyst to improve reporting functionality and data quality.
- Respond to user requests and system issues within a reasonable timeframe.
- Manage various database communications with IT Security and IT Network Support.
- Serve on and assist teams as needed that are tasked with making improvements in response to findings.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by management to support various quality, safety and continuous improvement initiatives.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, math or science field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with SQL Server, developing Stored Procedures, and tuning queries.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Windows Server and Task Scheduler.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in project management.
- Experience with Manufacturing operations preferred.
- Experience with SDLC phases, specifically Agile Methodology
- Experience with WCF Communications with SOAP and WSDL is a plus.
- Basic understanding of network infrastructure.
- Successful candidate must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible to changing priorities based on business needs.
- Ability to reduce complex technical process flows into formats that can be easily understood by all levels of the organization.
- Be able to work in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 applications including Excel and PowerPoint.
- This role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The successful candidate must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship to work in the US.
Ingevity is a company made up of extraordinary people of every race, religion and background, all worthy of the same dignity. Our differences are one of our great strengths. Join us in building a culture of increasing diversity and respect – a culture where everyone belongs.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Recruiting Agencies: Ingevity does not accept unsolicited resumes and therefore, will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.