Assistant Store Manager - Full-time Hourly Benefits
Houston, TX 77022
Ability to believe in our customer centered culture to deliver a superior customer service experience.
The Assistant Store Manager assists with the daily operations of the store and carries store keys to perform opening and closing responsibilities.
- Demonstrates Total Customer Service Standards and leads by example.
- Follows Loss Prevention guidelines to deter theft and manage mismates.
- Manages daily responsibilities including sales and operational plans, store and department standards, and safety and loss prevention guidelines.
- Supervises associates and delegates tasks to ensure productivity, assists in conflict resolution, coordinates meals/breaks, and shares department successes and opportunities.
- Assists with timely administration of progressive discipline, interviews, timecard punch edits, report review, and communication.
- Ensures all claims of harassment and discrimination are immediately reported.
- Processes weekly truck shipments by unloading, scanning, detailing case contents, and supervising product placement.
- Assists in floor moves, merchandising, pricing, promotional displays and store housekeeping to ensure execution of company direction.
- Trains associates to ensure consistent application of standards, product placement and/or cash handling to include collecting payments, and processing returns and exchanges.
- Provides overrides, performs safe and till counts, and reconciles cash settlements.
- 3-5 years of retail sales or customer service experience.
- Previous supervisory experience required; preferably in retail environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Ability to execute the concept by understanding and applying report(s) information.
- Ability to successfully complete Key Carrier Certification exam within 60 days of hire or prior to promotion.
- Ability to manage, train, and mentor associates to assure company standards and processes are understood.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
The Shoe Carnival, Inc. Total Rewards program offers eligible associates highly competitive benefits, including the following:
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Time)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, Disability, and Voluntary Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee & Family Discounts
- Relocation Opportunities
$18.50-$31.00/hour Full-time Houston, TX 77001 Full-time Houston, TX 77001 Urgently Hiring Est. $16.75 - $55.18 Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77037 Est. $16.75 - $55.18 Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77037 Est. $21.28 - $33.96 Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77091 Est. $13.33 - $23.37 Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77037 Est. $13.33 - $23.37 Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77037 Part-time Houston, TX 77037 Est. $9.95 - $15.04 Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77037 Est. $9.95 - $15.04 Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77030 Est. $18.28 - $32.46 Full-time Houston, TX 77056 Est. $13.33 - $23.37 Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77024 Est. $13.33 - $23.37 Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77089 Est. $18.28 - $32.46 Full-time Houston, TX 77070 Est. $18.28 - $32.46 Full-time Pearland, TX 77584 Est. $13.33 - $23.37 Full-time, Part-time Sugar Land, TX 77479 Est. $16.01 - $25.55 Full-time, Part-time Richmond, TX 77407