2023 Navigation Systems Engineer - Now Hiring
Chantilly, VA 20151
Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $30.33 - $52.13 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Chantilly, VA 20151 Urgently Hiring Est. $30.33 - $52.13 Full-time, Part-time Chantilly, VA 20151 Est. $30.33 - $52.13 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $59.52 - $85.32 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $59.52 - $85.32 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Systems Engineering Division (SED) provides unmatched experience in systems engineering to the U.S. government and to numerous public and private agencies, universities, nonprofit organizations, consortia, and commercial companies involved in the advanced application of space technology. From systems architecture development to system analysis and optimization, astrodynamics, orbital debris, navigation, failure analysis, mission assurance, cost and schedule assessment, and economic market analysis, SED exploits an incredibly broad array of engineering and business disciplines against a diverse and dynamic portfolio of programs and national challenges.
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking an early career Navigation Systems Analyst to provide positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT) technical analyses in support of mission design studies and the development and operation of space, ground, and user systems. PNT services include orbit determination, geopositioning, space-based navigation (such as GPS), and a number of collateral disciplines, including parameter estimation, geodesy, system performance evaluation, space system synthesis, satellite propagation, orbit software development and usage, and mission data and payload processing.
The Aerospace Corporation is an open environment structured to foster multi-disciplinary relationships and apply the academic and industry expertise of our engineers, subject matter experts and key stakeholders to solve complex problems across a diverse portfolio of space programs.
What You'll Be Doing
- Perform a variety of assignments related to the accuracy of position and velocity determination, and trajectory analysis.
- Perform orbit determination for a variety of satellite missions using real and simulated data.
- Design and perform experiments to evaluate and improve orbit determination performance.
- Process mission data and perform mission-level and system-level analyses.
- Perform analyses and studies for next generation Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) designs and architectures.
- Various projects will include performance analyses of satellite navigation systems and their users.
- Conduct research to advance PNT technologies for national security space and civil/commercial space communities.
- Participates in the design, development, and operation of orbit management and mission planning ground systems.
- Interacting directly with stakeholders including program office and government customers supporting technical interchange meetings and design reviews and assessing contractor designs and analyses.
What You Need to be Successful
- Master's degree in engineering, physics, mathematics, or related discipline from an accredited program (Pursuing or conferred within the last 12 months)
- 0-1 year of Industry Experience
- Significant aptitude and demonstrated skills in object-oriented design, C++, and C.
- Graduate Coursework or research experience in one or more of the following: astrodynamics, orbit mechanics, statistics, and/or estimation theory.
- Ability to interface with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Fortran, or Java
- This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- A Ph.D. in engineering, physics, mathematical science or related technical discipline from an accredited program (pursing or conferred within the last 12 months).
- Ability to build and foster effective working relationships with customers, contractors, Federally Funded Research & Development Center (FFRDC) and other personnel.
- Technically adept with the use and maintenance of PC, Unix platforms and Linux computer systems.
- Experience developing analysis tools using C/C++ and Python.
- Ability to support multiple programs and/or activities simultaneously and to be comfortable acting as a technical point-of-contact.
- GPA 3.5 or higher.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance.
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
Flexible spending accounts
Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
Education assistance programs
An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at. You can also review and, as well as the.
Full-time Washington, DC 20402 Urgently Hiring $140,000.00 to $170,000.00 hourly Full-time Washington, DC 20544 Est. $30.33 - $52.13 Full-time, Part-time Purcellville, VA 20132 Full-time, Part-time Stafford, VA 22554 Full-time, Part-time Stafford, VA 22554 Full-time, Part-time Stafford, VA 22554 Full-time, Part-time Stafford, VA 22554 Full-time, Part-time Baltimore, MD 21231 Full-time, Part-time Baltimore, MD 21231