Sous Chef - Up to $50,000 Annually - Now Hiring
Southport, NC 28461
$22 per hour
The Clubs at St. James-Sous Chef
The Clubs at St. James is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Sous Chef. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Sous Chef:
- Oversees and manages food preparation for a specific area of the kitchen. Supervises and ensures production of consistently high quality food.
- Adheres to established control procedures for cost and quality such as food production charts, par inventories, standardized recipes, use records and food costing sheets. Ensures that all recipes are followed and prepared on a consistent basis.
- Monitors and checks the maintenance of all kitchen equipment daily.
- Maintains and directs a quality sanitation program.
- Maintains and implements daily food prep lists.
- Assists Executive Chef with the ordering of all food products.
- Assigns duties to associates for efficient operation of the kitchen.
- Maintains and evaluates existing food concepts. Assists in the development of new food concepts.
- Assists in the achievement of budgetary objectives for the Food and Beverage Department.
- Processes requisitions for supplies quickly and accurately.
- Trains and supervises associates in the proper preparation of menu items and operation of equipment. Assists in developing ongoing training programs.
- Ensures proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotations of food products so as to comply with health department regulations.
- Assists the Manager in interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates: addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assists in the management of department members that may include, but is not limited to: Cooks, Stewards.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Sous Chef:
- Associate's degree (AA); or two to three years of related experience and/or training.
- Food Safety and Sanitation Training
- • Regular and reliable attendance
- Eligible Employee Benefits:
* Paid Time Off
* Pre-paid Legal
in Southport, NC
Est. $11.07 - $17.57 Full-time Southport, NC 28461 Urgently Hiring Est. $11.07 - $17.57 Full-time, Part-time Southport, NC 28461 Urgently Hiring
Est. $16.46 - $26.21 Full-time, Part-time Southport, NC 28461
Est. $16.46 - $26.21 Full-time Southport, NC 28461 Full-time Southport, NC 28461 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.06 - $23.22 Full-time, Part-time Southport, NC 28461 Urgently Hiring
Est. $14.06 - $23.22 Full-time, Part-time Southport, NC 28461 Urgently Hiring
Cook - $19-$21/Hour
Est. $8.08 - $10.37 Full-time, Part-time Southport, NC 28461 Urgently Hiring
Est. $8.03 - $10.20 Full-time, Part-time Southport, NC 28461 Urgently Hiring
Companies hiring chefs
in Southport, NC
Explore more chef jobs
in Southport, NC
Nearby Job TitlesRegistered Nurse Jobs Critical Care Nurse Jobs Truck Driver Jobs Food Service Supervisor Jobs Fast Food Preparation Worker Jobs
Nearby LocationsWilmington, NC Jobs Leland, NC Jobs Southport, NC Jobs Bolivia, NC Jobs North Carolina Jobs
Nearby CompaniesCargo Transporters Jobs Advantis Medical Jobs Care.com Jobs OneStaff Medical Jobs Alex Lee Jobs
Nearby CategoriesPart-time Jobs Full-time Jobs Teen Jobs
Posting ID: 784653292 Posted: 2023-03-21 Job Title: Sous Chef Annually