Wares Pricing / Donation Door - Now Hiring
137 Parris Island Gateway
Beaufort, SC 29906
Processes and sorts donations. Maintains efficiency and cleanliness in work area. Meets established production goals. Provides excellent customer service to every donor. Safeguards all donations to maximize value. Properly maintains the appearance of the facility and merchandise to encourage donors and shoppers. Supports the Palmetto Goodwill mission and other related services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Receives donations promptly from donors and provides excellent customer service; provides donor receipts as needed.
• Documents number of donations received accurately on the donation count sheet(s).
• Performs primary sort of donations by: emptying raw textiles into the proper plastic gaylord; placing hard-goods donations into bushels; sorting computer related items into the computer parts gaylord; and filling bags with unsorted jewelry and placing them into the designated tote.
• Performs secondary sort of donations (as time allows) by: sorting and placing acceptable quality line-priced items into a shopping cart for immediate release to the sales floor; and placing unacceptable quality items directly into the appropriate salvage gaylords.
• Identifies items that may generate greater revenue on ShopGoodwill or in the boutique store; places items safely in the ShopGoodwill gaylord.
• Prices hard-goods items effectively; fills shopping carts while keeping up with established speed requirements.
• Prices merchandise to maximize value on donations; continually expands personal knowledge of the wide variety of donated consumer products received by Palmetto Goodwill.
• Maintains knowledge of recalled items; sorts recalled items into proper salvage gaylords or trash containers.
• Maintains Kaizen principles outlined in Retail Training Manual(s); looks for opportunities to improve speed, accuracy, and overall efficiency.
• Uses strong communication skills; uses intercom system on a regular and routine basis.
• Remains alert and aware of surroundings when working outdoors and/or with donors to prevent motor vehicle accidents.
• Cleans and stocks restrooms as necessary.
• Reports known or suspected security and/or theft problems to a member of store management, appropriate Senior or District Manager, and/or Asset Protection department.
• Complies with all agency policies, procedures, and safety standards throughout all work areas; maintains same to meet CARF, Department of Labor, and other regulatory standards.
• Maintains safety standards in the store and reports any exceptions to store management.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned by a member of store management.
Must be able to:
• Understand English; comprehend instructions provided in both verbal and written formats.
• Multi-task effectively; be able to adjust to frequent changes, delays or unexpected events; be flexible and/or adaptable as work requirements change.
• Be a self-starter; work efficiently with minimal supervision after work instructions are provided.
• Thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
• Work effectively in a team-based environment; interact professionally with customers and a highly diverse employee base on a regular and routine basis.
• Work a flexible schedule, including weekends, and have reliable transportation to and from work be able to travel to multiple site locations across business region.
• Proven ability to read and comprehend Retail Production and Training manual(s); ability to follow process instructions effectively and efficiently.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Multi-cultural sensitivity; the ability to demonstrate a sensitivity and awareness of diversities in people and cultures.
• Basic computer skills including use of various retail related systems (intercom, etc.), error identification, understanding of basic programs (Microsoft Word), etc.
Education and Experience
Completion of any level of primary or secondary education, regardless of diploma/degree. Previous experience working in a retail environment preferred.
While performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, the employee is:
• Regularly required to: stand; walk; bend; stoop; kneel; crouch; talk and/or hear; use close, distance and peripheral vision; use depth perception and the ability to adjust focus; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; occasionally required to lift and/or move over 50 pounds.
• Rarely required to sit.
Work is usually performed in a retail indoor setting. The employee may occasionally be exposed to outside weather conditions (extreme cold or heat). The employee may frequently be exposed to dust and odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- 17 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Able to comfortably lift 50 lbs
- Able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
- Reliable transportation to and from work
$10.00 to $11.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Beaufort, SC 29906 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Bluffton, SC 29910 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.56 - $58.91 Full-time, Part-time Bluffton, SC 29910 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Hilton Head, SC 29928 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.56 - $58.91 Full-time, Part-time Hilton Head, SC 29926