Similar available jobs
in Guilderland Center, NY
Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Part-time Guilderland center, NY 12085 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Full-time Guilderland center, NY 12085 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Part-time Guilderland center, NY 12085 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Part-time Guilderland center, NY 12085 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Part-time Guilderland center, NY 12085 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Full-time Guilderland center, NY 12085 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Part-time Guilderland center, NY 12085 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Part-time Guilderland center, NY 12085 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Part-time Guilderland center, NY 12085 Urgently Hiring
Clinical Nurse III Adult Emergency Department - Full-time
Guilderland Center, NY 12085
Guilderland Center, NY, United States
Work Shift:Evening (United States of America)Registered Nurse (RN)
The Registered Professional Nurse assesses, coordinates, plans, directs, implements and manages the needs of assigned patients throughout the episode of care with a focus on progress toward discharge, including during transitions within the acute care stay. The Registered Professional Nurse is responsible for the delivery and coordination of patient care provided by the caregiving team. S/he assures that competent, compassionate patient care is uniformly provided to customers including referring facilities, hospital staff and patients in the inpatient, ambulatory, and community settings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Implements physician orders, administers medications, starts IVs, performs treatments, procedures and special tests, and document treatment as required by company policy and local/state/federal rules and regulations.
• Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients' conditions.
• Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered.
• Applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
• Provides primary and emergency care for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses.
• Administers over-the-counter and prescription medications as ordered.
• Collaborates with the nursing team to create a Plan of Care for all patients.
• Directs and guides ancillary personnel and maintain standards of professional nursing.
• Graduate of a professional academic nursing program in which a Diploma, Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree is conferred
• Must hold current NYS Registered Nurse license
• Obtains and maintains certification in BLS/ACLS/PALS/TNCC
• Minimum of 1-3 years of previous clinical nursing experience in an Emergency Department, preferably in a large academic, Level 1 Trauma Center and Comprehensive Stroke Center
• Ability to improve job performance through continuing education
• Possesses knowledge of quality concepts, principles, and problem-solving tools and techniques and demonstrates ability to apply in support of departmental and patient care quality improvement
The Emergency Department (ED) is a Level I Trauma Center and serves as a regional referral center for a wide variety of patients requiring acute care. Patients of all ages are seen 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
There is a total of 45 rooms in the ED, which includes 5 barco-lounger spaces for lower acuity patients. The Emergency Department is divided into five major zones: Major trauma and critical care, Resuscitation and minor care, Pediatrics, Acute care, and Rapid Care.
There are two distinct waiting areas, one for pediatric patients and their families, and the other for all other visitors. There are 7 negative flow rooms, one of which is also an isolation room. Clinical and clerical workstations, nutrition areas, and supply and pharmaceutical dispensing machines are centrally located in each zone. A dedicated radiology suite, including 2 CTs, a DECONTAMINATION suite with a separate entrance, as well as a satellite lab are also located within the Emergency Department. In 2017, it is anticipated that Albany Medical Center will open a Level II Pediatric Emergency Department with 15 exam/treatment areas, 2 trauma resuscitation rooms, and a pediatric observation unit.
Each ambulatory patient is initially evaluated at the triage. Patients arriving via EMS are directed to the appropriate patient care room by the flow facilitator during peak hours. Acute psychiatric services are referred to the Psychiatric Crisis Unit at the Capital District Psychiatric Center. Acute burn patients may be transferred to a regional burn center after stabilization.
Thank you for your interest in Albany Medical Center!
Albany Medical is an equal opportunity employer.
This role may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany Medical center, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are expected to ensure that:
Access to information is based on a “need to know” and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med Center policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and modification.
Easy apply registered nurse jobs
in Guilderland Center, NY
Full-time Schenectady, NY 12305 Urgently Hiring Full-time Albany, NY 12205 Urgently Hiring Est. $25.85 - $34.54 Full-time Schenectady, NY 12305 Urgently Hiring Est. $25.85 - $34.54 Full-time Albany, NY 12205 Urgently Hiring Full-time Clifton Park, NY 12065 Urgently Hiring Est. $25.85 - $34.54 Full-time Clifton Park, NY 12065 Urgently Hiring