Similar available jobs
in Livonia, MI
Every other weekend RN Manager
Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Part-time Livonia, MI 48152 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.18 - $17.29 Full-time, Part-time Farmington, MI 48336 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.18 - $17.29 Full-time, Part-time Livonia, MI 48152 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.18 - $17.29 Full-time, Part-time Farmington, MI 48336 Urgently Hiring
Medical Assistant I
Est. $14.18 - $17.29 Full-time, Part-time Livonia, MI 48152 Urgently Hiring
Medical Assistant I - Full-time / Part-time
Livonia, MI 48152
$2,000 Sign-on Bonus!! Full-time Livonia Center
Under the direction of management and physician leadership, performs and oversees functions related to the clinical activities including, but not limited to: maintains patient flow by assisting and promoting the delivery of primary and preventative health care, performs technical procedures, lab protocols and clinically oriented activities under physician/provider direction. The Medical Assistant I will assist management in achieving office efficiencies in accordance with stated policies/procedures to ensure efficient operations with a focus on supporting physicians, clinic staff and management which embodies the "Service First" philosophy to promote customer satisfaction.
- Acts as an assistant to the physician/provider by providing primary healthcare and patient care management.
- Collaborates work efforts with the clerical staff to optimize operations and patient flow.
- Interacts with outside healthcare facilities and agencies involving patient care and insurance.
- Maintains updated competencies, demonstrating ability to speak to leadership and accreditation bodies about process and workflow.
- Perform front office duties to provide coverage as needed.
- Provide coverage in other departments or locations as needed.
- Demonstrates excellent customer services skills and supports the model of patient and family centered care.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program or LPN, EMT, ER Tech, paramedic certification or a minimum of (6) months experience as a Medical Assistant.
- May consider a nursing student from an accredited registered or licensed practice nurse program after a clinical course of study has begun.
- Work Experience:
- The completion of a clinical rotation or equivalent and relevant experience required.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- Current BCLS card.
- Must be able to perform diagnostic testing, EKG’s, administer injections, blood pressures, navigate Epic One chart electronic health record, and assist with minor surgical procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians, nurses, medical assistant students, practice administration, and patients.
- Must exhibit behavior associated with the Beaumont Standards of service, respect, ownership, and attitude.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- 50 to 75% of time on feet, frequent moving from sitting to standing.
B. Work Environment:
- Medical Office/Practice/Hospital unit.
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.