Charge Nurse - RN - $5,000 Sign On Bonus! - Located in Rockford, IL - Now Hiring
Rockford, IL 61107
Now offering a $5,000 sign on bonus for all RN positions!
Benefits of working at Rosecrance:
- $5,000 Sign On Bonus
- Health insurance with multiple plan options to meet your needs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer contribution
- Group Life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications apply)
- Paid Time Off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
- Certain facilities offering on-site gym
Rosecrance seeks dedicated individuals to provide the highest quality care to treat substance use disorder and mental health issues. We’re focused on one thing: Providing the best opportunity for long and lasting recovery.
Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary, outcomes-informed approach.
Since 1916, our unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare leader is a source of hope and strength to those we serve and provides a roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery. Rosecrance served nearly 50,000 clients last year.
Position Purpose: Directly supervise groups of patients and exemplify and reinforce the concepts of the treatment program. Act as charge staff on duty during specified shifts. Provide continuity of nursing program services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards. Participate as a team member in the delivery of addictions treatment services to patients and their families and facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily living situations.
Job Requirements: • A current Illinois RN license, or a current Illinois LPN license and one year of nursing experience
• Minimum of 1 year experience in addiction or psychiatric nursing (preferably at a Rosecrance facility)
• Adequate written skills to accurately complete required documentation within the time frames prescribed
• Ability to present and coordinate lectures for clients, staff or community
• CPR and First Aid training or complete within three months
1. Work scheduled hours and be available to work additional hours when necessary for the responsibilities assigned. Additional on-call may be needed.
2. Attend meetings as scheduled (staffing, capacity management, stand up).
3. Float between units to provide guidance and support to scheduled nursing and behavioral health staff.
4. Assist scheduled staff with any nursing tasks.
5. Act as a point person for nursing/behavioral health communication.
6. Act as a liaison to the Nurse Manager and Unit Coordinators on client and staffing issues.
7. Ensure compliance with treatment schedules on all units.
8. Assist scheduled staff with any behavioral occurrences.
9. Act as point person for communication with on-call counselor.
10. Provide staff mentoring and feedback under the direction of the nurse manager.
11. Assist staff in supervising and managing the behavior of the clients and provide appropriate behavioral interventions and consequences.
12. Read all logs and obtain pertinent information from staff of previous shifts, counselors, nurses, etc.
13. Oversee the neatness of the unit and the proper use of the equipment and supplies and inform the proper person when supplies or repairs are indicated.
14. Serve as a member of the Unit Team and participate in all team meetings and activities.
15. Perform staff competencies under the direction of the nurse manager.
16. Orient and train new employees.
17. Review medical records for potential admissions.
18. Be available to assist staff with all nursing tasks as needed.
19. Perform chart review/audits.
20. Assist nurse manager with scheduling coverage as needed.
21. Responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and determines the appropriate delegation of tasks consistent with the nurse’s obligation to provide optimum client care
22. Promotes, advocates for and strives to protect the health, safety and rights of the client.
23. Assume behavioral health/nursing case management responsibilities for designated clients.
24. Adherence to Rosecrance Medication Management Plan including medication identification, procurement, storage, education, administration and monitoring.
25. Provides education and/or lectures on medical topics for clients, family, staff and public as necessary
26. Builds and maintains professional relationships with colleagues, interdisciplinary teams and outside providers.
27. Assess physical and medical needs of assigned clients.
28. Be sensitive to and act upon any medical or emotional crisis.
29. Document to ensure the client service record is maintained and in compliance with all applicable regulations and Rosecrance policy.
30. Document and follow through with all physician orders and communicate with patient’s personal physician as required.
31. Participate in Infection Control activities and maintain knowledge of current infection control techniques.
32. Able to demonstrate competent use of all medical equipment and technology
33. Maintains appropriate therapeutic and professional relationships
34. Participate in Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
35. Maintain annual certification in Healthcare provider CPR.
36. Serve as a member of the Behavioral Health team and participate in all team meetings and activities.
37. Understand and comply with all of the principles established by the Rosecrance Corporate Compliance Program and Code of Ethics.
38. Perform all responsibilities in compliance with the mission, vision, values and expectations of Rosecrance.
39. Able to provide culturally competent and exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
40. Serve as a role model for other staff, patients and customers and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing Rosecrance.
41. Assume other related responsibilities as assigned by management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials
Schedule: Hours: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 12:00pm - 10:30pm and every other weekend 7:00am - 5:30pm
Work Location: Rosecrance Harrison Campus – Rockford, IL
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
Est. $28.39 - $35.01 Full-time Rockford, IL 61104 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.39 - $35.01 Full-time Loves park, IL 61130 Urgently Hiring Est. $21.23 - $25.10 Full-time, Part-time Rockford, IL 61104 Urgently Hiring Est. $21.23 - $25.10 Full-time, Part-time Loves park, IL 61130 Urgently Hiring Est. $21.23 - $25.10 Full-time, Part-time Rockford, IL 61110 Urgently Hiring Est. $21.23 - $25.10 Full-time, Part-time Rockford, IL 61110 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.39 - $35.01 Full-time, Part-time Loves park, IL 61130 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.39 - $35.01 Full-time, Part-time Rockford, IL 61104 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.39 - $35.01 Full-time, Part-time Rockford, IL 61110 Est. $28.39 - $35.01 Full-time Rockford, IL 61107 Urgently Hiring Est. $21.23 - $25.10 Full-time Rockford, IL 61107 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.47 - $39.09 Full-time Sycamore, IL 60178 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.47 - $39.09 Full-time Sycamore, IL 60178 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.47 - $39.09 Full-time Huntley, IL 60142 Urgently Hiring Est. $13.94 - $20.26 Full-time Barrington, IL 60010 Urgently Hiring