Education & Employment Counselor - City Square Employment Supports (CSES) - Full-time / Part-time
| Verified Pay ||$19.25 per hour|
About this job
Location - 1 City Sq Charlestown
Hours - 7am to 4:30pm - Monday through Friday
Pay rate - $19.25 per hour - with 3 to 6 hours of over time at time and half most weeks.
Must have drivers license for full time.
Drivers in day services currently get a $2.00 bonus for every hours worked each month.
In addition Day Services is offering and additional $1000 retention bonus ($500 at 3 months and $500 at 9 months)
Your position as Education/Employment Counselor supports this mission through providing direct daily supports to the individuals in our programs. This is a non-exempt position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Essential Functions of Position:
Clinical and Rehabilitation Skills
- Provides daily shift coverage in program, follow scheduled assignments and implement program routines.
- Protects the rights and dignity of the individuals we support.
- Safeguards the confidentiality of those supported by the programs.
- Provides direct employment support and on the job training.
- Promotes the expansion of employment and educational opportunities of those supported.
- Participates in the direct implementation of the Individual Support Plan, records data related to ISP.
- Assists individuals in employment, this may include training in soft skills, on the job training and acting as a liaison with community partners.
- Teaches classes to individuals including curriculum development.
- Assesses individual's training needs, develops descriptive teaching programs and curricula and monitors effectiveness through data collection.
- Implements clinical and behavioral treatment plans, record target behaviors on data sheets and participate in clinical consultation as needed.
- Provides crisis assessment, prevention and needed intervention.
- Coordinates social, educational, recreational activities.
- Maintains informal and formal communications with all program support staff and provides written communications at the end of each work day including progress notes, data sheets, production paperwork and incident reports as required. Read and respond to email communication on a daily basis.
- Administers medications as required.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Program Operation Requirements:
- Performs program maintenance and cleaning tasks that have been designated by shift responsibilities.
- Follows and implements all program safety procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a culturally diverse population of individuals, co-workers, care providers, family and community members.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team context.
- Professional documentation and communication skills, as well as demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve differences.
- Ability to function under pressure in a fast-paced human service environment.
- Ability to be flexible, open and responsive to ongoing industry changes.
- Ability to articulate and communicate Bay Cove missions and strategic direction in a consistent and enthusiastic manner to departmental staff.
- Ability to identify opportunities and obstacles and develop effective, creative solutions to pursue opportunities.
Requirements for the position:
- Has adequate computer literacy to perform agency functions.
- Attends required orientation and training, including inservice training, conferences and seminars.
- Maintain certification in CPR, SFA, PREVENT and MAP
- Ability to use computer for documentation, email communication and on-line training.
- Department of Public Health certification in medication administration is required..
- An acceptable CORI (criminal record assessment).
- High School Diploma or equivalent, one-year previous work experience in human service setting preferable.
- Ability to assist people with mobility impairments as needed.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA