| Estimated Pay
|$23 per hour
| 1035 Vann Drive
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Responsible for managing all aspects of a specific department(s) within the restaurant including the selection, development and performance management of restaurant Team Members, optimizing profits and increasing sales.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manage all areas of operations for a specific department including marketing and human resources, while ensuring the Company’s standards of quality, service and operations are maintained.
- Manage operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision-making, staff support, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Frequently interacts with Guests to ensure they receive the Fridays Service Style experience; follow up on any issues and complaints they may have.
- Follows the Bubble Theory to proactively run a shift and anticipate Guest needs.
- Follows the Hamburger Stand Theory, ensuring that the restaurant and staff are set up for an outstanding shift.
- Ensures all newly hired Team Members follow and complete their appropriate training plan, including required paper and electronic paperwork (tip credit notices included where applicable).
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date manpower plan of Department staffing needs.
- Prepares schedules and ensures that their department is staffed for all shifts.
- Use the Fridays Recruiting Toolkit process to interview hourly Team Members, ensuring Team Members hired are fit with Fridays with Fridays.
- Staff, train and develop their department’s hourly Team Members through ongoing feedback and coaching, establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews on a regular basis.
- Identify operational opportunities to build sales and control costs; develop and implement plans to address opportunities (i.e., R&M, marketing).
- Perform liquor, wine, and beer check in to ensure proper invoicing.
- Ensure proper security procedures are in place to protect Team Members, Guests and Company assets, including security of beer walk-in, liquor room, store room, freezer and office.
- Prepare end of shift reports.
- Directly supervise Team Members, coaching, correcting behaviors as needed, and providing recognition to continuously improve performance.
- When acting as Manager on duty, oversee all of the restaurant’s operations and conduct root cause analysis as needed to guarantee operational efficiency and an excellent Guest experience.
- Ensure great food is served to every Guest through managing all Team Members.
- Manages inventory efficiently, accurately, and in a cost-effective manner.
- Fosters open communication with BOH and FOH staff.
- Ensure proper security procedures are in place to protect Team Members, Guests and Company assets.
- Customer service issues
- Guest relations issues
- Employee relations decisions with General Managers or Human Resources input as needed
- Vendor related issues
- Team Member hiring
- Team Member terminations
- Sales and service objective strategies
- Recruiting strategies
Measures of Success
- Guest satisfaction scores meet/exceed company standards
- Annual sales dollars achieved compared to budget
- Meeting/Exceeding requirements for Ecosure Audit scores for the year
- Grow sales to meet or exceed annual sales budget
- Team Member turnover meets company requirements
- Meeting Labor Budget
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Minimum of 6 months experience working in a full service restaurant
- Must be capable of performing all functions and meeting qualification standards for all hourly positions
- Must be able to walk and stand during entire shift
- Frequent bending and stooping required
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise
ASSESSING AND SELECTING TALENT: Effectively identifies and evaluates the talent within the restaurant in order to select individuals that exhibit pride, passion and personality and to build top performing teams.
· Helps identify strong team member candidates and “sells” Friday’s in order to get the best talent on board.
· Utilizes selection tools and processes as guidelines to effectively assess and hire the right people for the team.
· Supports selection decisions by identifying high potential within the team in order to maximize internal promotes.
· Identifies great talent based on diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities as well as common passion for the business.
· Understands where individual talent can be best utilized; matches the right people with the right job.
· Knows who top performers are and takes the necessary steps to engage and retain them.
· Ensures that new employees are equipped with the proper training and resources necessary to experience success.
COACHING FOR PERFORMANCE: Spends time guiding, teaching and providing clear and directed feedback to your team to help them grow and succeed.
· Provides ongoing guidance and direction to help team members reach their full potential.
· Gives honest feedback that is specific, timely and action oriented.
· Promptly recognizes and encourages effective performance.
· Helps to develop and execute plans for each team member that maximize strengths and improve weak areas.
· Ensures team members are given challenging assignments to help them learn new skills that can prepare them for the next level.
· Takes a hands-on approach to developing others by providing clear examples of desired behaviors to ensure understanding.
LEADS AND INSPIRES OTHERS: Sets the example for the team by living the TGI Friday’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
effectively influences and motivates them to reach goals.
· Acts with integrity in all dealings; demonstrates consistency in words and actions.
· Demonstrates genuineness, openness, and approachability and consistently treats all team members and guests with dignity and respect.
· Effectively manages stress level during difficult situations.
· Demonstrates the ability to understand and adjust leadership style to fit others’ needs.
· Rallies and harnesses the energy of the restaurant by being present, upbeat and engaged.
· Frequently and genuinely acknowledges and rewards strong performance.
· Treats all employees in a fair and consistent manner.
COMMUNICATION: Keeps everyone on the same page through frequent information sharing and open dialogue
· Encourages open, honest and timely communication among team members.
· Fosters frequent dialogue between the FOH and BOH staff.
· Demonstrates effective listening by being available to team members and responding to needs and concerns.
· Communicates the “why” behind important goals and initiatives to gain buy-in.
· Respects the opinions of others; listens to comments and concerns with an open mind.
· Holds frequent meetings where information is shared freely by staff.
· Takes advantage of opportunities to engage in one-on-one communication.
MANAGING EXECUTION: Enforces performance standards and follows up relentlessly to ensure accountability for
· top quality results.
· Ensures 100% compliance with standard operating procedures.
· Enforces high standards and always looks to raise the bar.
· Follows up regularly to ensure proper execution and offers support and/or redirection.
· Holds team members accountable to meet obligations.
· Confronts sub-par performance directly and holds people accountable for making improvements.
· Makes tough but necessary decisions in regards to discipline.
· Sets clear expectations and goals and holds others accountable for achieving them.
· Identifies and corrects mistakes immediately to provide hands on learning experiences.
PASSION FOR THE GUEST: Ensures that every action and decision leads to an exceptional guest experience inside the four walls and out.
· Maintains visibility within the restaurant; models exemplary hospitality by engaging regularly with the guests and interacting in a positive, sincere manner.
· Encourages Team Members to focus efforts and attention on going above and beyond to exceed guest expectations and create repeat visits.
· Effectively balances guest needs with TGI Friday’s business needs.
· Utilizes guest feedback to improve the guest experience.
· Shows awareness of guest needs and expectations; prevents problems before they occur.
· Follows up to ensure that guest issues and complaints are addressed and resolved promptly.
· Shows attention to food quality/appearance, ticket times, and the fine details that define the overall guest experience.
DECISION MAKING & PROBLEM SOLVING: Thinks problems through, acts with urgency and always keeps the best interests of the brand at heart when making decisions.
· Able to digest information quickly, boil it down, and identify relevant issues.
· Finds root causes in order to develop workable solutions to problems.
· Draws important connections and considers both short and long-term implications of decisions.
· Right or wrong – shows the willingness to make the call and accepts responsibility for decisions and results.
· Evaluates various solutions to problems before taking action.
· Acts quickly and decisively when needed based on the need and urgency of situation.
FLEXIBLY ADAPTS AND MANAGES CHANGE: Keeps up with shifting business needs and embraces change in order to drive results and grow the brand.
· Responds quickly to changing needs and adapts as necessary to meet new challenges.
· Displays a positive, confident attitude for tackling new challenges and initiatives.
· Understands new initiatives and speaks knowledgeably of changes to both FOH and BOH staff.
· Helps ensure that changes are fully integrated into operations and sustained over time.
· Effectively manages daily priorities while keeping track of long-term initiatives.
· Perseveres through resistance to change with positive influence and firm accountability.
MANAGING FINANCIAL RESULTS: Demonstrates an understanding of the financial components of the restaurant operation and how to impact results.
· Helps analyze financial profit and loss results, guest satisfaction measures, and other key performance data.
· Uses appropriate tools and resources to monitor location’s performance and understands factors that affect success and growth.
· Supports the DO and GMs initiatives to grow business in their location.
· Ensures consistent quality and execution of food and service in order to help drive the brand and increase sales.
· Makes financial needs an important consideration in plans and decisions. decisions.
DISCLAIMER: THE CONTENT WITHIN THIS DOCUMENT REPRESENTS THE ROLE OF A TGI FRIDAYS INC. EMPLOYEE. FRANCHISEES MAY INCLUDE DIFFERENT OR ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS. PLEASE VERIFY ACTUAL REQUIREMENTS DURING THE INTERVIEW.
Base Wage Minimum: $45,000
Base Wage Maxinum: $70,000