| Verified Pay
|$19.00-$20.00 per hour
| 6792 Cherry Avenue, Suite C
Long Beach, California
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
A Shift Leader/Supervisor is an entry-level supervisory position has the overall responsibility of supporting the Restaurant General Manager and Assistant Manager with the daily operations of a restaurant. The Shift Leader/Supervisor must convey the Wingstop culture to his/her fellow team members and be a creative team player who is passionate about hard work, about having fun, and demonstrating sincere dedication to the success of the brand.
Exciting entry-level leadership opportunity to grow within the organization. If you don't have experience, we'll train you and work with you on everything you need to know to succeed on your leadership journey and upward mobility to a General Manager.
We offer flexible schedules, multiple shifts, free uniforms, free meal with every shift, competitive pay and immediate start! In addition we offer, health benefits, paid time off, life insurance, and a 401K program to qualified team members!
- 1 year of previous food service, retail, or restaurant supervisory experience preferred but not required. This is an entry level manager opportunity.
- Food Handler Certification required once hired.
- 6 months experience using a register (POS) system.
- Meet restaurant operating policies and standards, including providing quality food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Available to work flexible hours that may include mornings, evenings, weekends, late nights and/or holidays.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Wingstop.
- Responsible for assisting and supporting the General Manager in meeting store goals.
- Assists in driving operational excellence by driving sales and controlling labor and food costs during shifts.
- Ensure the restaurant environment is always safe for both team members and guests; create the culture in the restaurant through respect, recognition, and reward.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Develops positive relationships with shift team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Must be willing to assist all other positions when necessary.
- Delivers excellent customer service to all customers by acting with a guest first attitude and connecting with the guest. Discovers and responds to guests needs.
- Follows all cash management and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management practices are followed by shift team.
- Resolve low level guest issues with efficiency and a positive attitude.
- Maintain operational standards and requirements in the restaurant; identify and communicate maintenance problems to the Facilities Department; maintain all facilities to Wingstop’s company standards; ensure communication is passed across organization from the General Manager and District Manager to every team member in the restaurant.
- Use Company provided tools to coach, mentor and develop team members to ensure a high performing restaurant team; leverage the support of the Restaurant Support Center; ensure all risk management issues are following company standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Guest service mentality has a genuine desire to serve the guests.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage, train, develop and motivate a diverse team that is highly engaged.
- Ability to problem solve and learn quickly.
- Ability to drive team cohesiveness and represent the culture and views of the brand.
- Hourly job | Compensation Range: $19.00-$20.00 per hour