Similar available jobs
in Clearwater, FL
Est. $11.00 - $14.31 Full-time, Part-time Clearwater, FL 33761 $12 - $13 per hour Part-time Clearwater, FL 33761
Assistant Store Operator
Est. $11.00 - $14.31 Full-time, Part-time Clearwater, FL 33756
Est. $11.09 - $14.71 Full-time, Part-time Largo, FL 33771 Est. $11.00 - $14.31 Full-time, Part-time Clearwater, FL 33761
OPERATIONS ASSISTANT MANAGER
Est. $14.05 - $22.95 Full-time, Part-time Clearwater, FL 33756
MERCHANDISE ASSISTANT MANAGER
Est. $17.57 - $30.12 Full-time, Part-time Clearwater, FL 33761 $13.64 - $15 per hour Full-time Clearwater, FL 33761
Est. $17.57 - $34.29 Full-time Clearwater, FL 33761
Assistant Manager - Full-time / Part-time
Clearwater, FL 33765
Under limited supervision, achieves the sales goal of the business unit through assisting in planning, coordinating, and managing all operations of the store. These operations include: ensuring excellent customer service, meeting and exceeding the store’s annual sales goal, inventory shrinkage, and high-quality of work-life results.
We are Boaters serving Boaters with a mission of More Water, Less Hassle! Our Customers come to us to fulfill a need, complete a project on their boat, or gather items for a great day on the water; you guide your team to ensure Customers leave with the right products to make that happen. Each interaction with a West Marine Customer is an opportunity for you to exceed their expectations and ensure they remain a loyal Customer. West Marine is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer
- Coach, mentor and grow your team for excellent store operations.
- Ability to lead by example, greeting Customers and engaging them to ensure we fulfill their boating needs.
- Agile leader who enjoys prioritizing and planning to drive results and meet business goals.
- Ability to train Associates to handle a wide variety of transactions to help Customers seamlessly complete their purchases.
- Actively executes programs and procedures that drive sales with the team and customers
- Implement store strategies to grow customer count, loyalty members, increase store traffic and optimize profitability
- Work with store team to grow wholesale business and market share though planning and goal setting
- Ensure the store and staff are representing the highest expression of our brand and the service we provide
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction through excellent service
- Train Associates to handle a wide variety of transactions to help Customers seamlessly complete their purchases
- Ensure team provides product knowledge to customers and suggestively sell items and additional services that they may not have anticipated
- Maintain operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing operational and personal policies and procedures
- Communicate to store associates important information on Asset Protection policies and guidelines
- Resolve internal staff conflicts efficiently and to the mutual benefit of those involved
- Protects crew members and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with all legal requirements
- Available to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years related experience required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
To review many of the benefits West Marine offers its Crew Members, please visit our benefits page at .