Sales Associate - Full-time / Part-time
52 Beach Rd.
Vineyard Haven, MA 02568
As a Sales Associate, Customers rely on you for product knowledge and to understand the features, values and benefits of our products. You are comfortable engaging in Customer discussions to fulfill their immediate needs while shopping, as well as recommend additional items or services that will complement their boating experience. You and your team are key to ensuring they leave with the right products to make that happen.
We are Boaters serving Boaters with a mission of More Water, Less Hassle! Our Customers come to us to fulfill a need, complete a project on their boat, or gather items for a great day on the water; you guide your team to ensure Customers leave with the right products to make that happen. Each interaction with a West Marine Customer is an opportunity for you to exceed their expectations and ensure they remain a loyal Customer. West Marine is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Greet and receives customers in a welcoming manner
- Respond to customers’ questions
- Asks open ended questions to understand customers’ needs
- Drive sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge
- Help customer select the proper product
- Directs customers by escorting then to the aisle or location of product
- Inform customers about services available and assess customer needs
- Assist customers’ with drop ship or special order purchases
- Provides outstanding customer service
- Alerts management to potential security or loss prevention issues
- Assists with inventory, including receiving and stocking merchandise
- Process let downs as needed
- Ensure all product locations are front, faced and replenished with available overstock
- Keep aisle and sales floor neat, clean and organized
- Remove any hazards or obstacles that may impede walking the aisles or sales floor
- Understand buy online and pick up in store process
- Assist with Buy on line ship from store process
- Available to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the merchandise sold.
- Ability to anticipate customer’s needs.
- Ability to recommend merchandise to customers.
- Ability to operate or to quickly learn the stores point-of-sale system.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous boating and/or retail experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking throughout the retail space.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds to shoulder height unassisted.
?To review many of the benefits West Marine offers its Crew Members, please visit our benefits page at .
$15.00-$17.00 Full-time, Part-time VINEYARD HAVEN, MA 02568 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.25 - $17.22 Full-time, Part-time VINEYARD HAVEN, MA 02568 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.25 - $15.04 Full-time, Part-time Vineyard Haven, MA 02568 Est. $18.29 - $36.08 Full-time Warwick, RI 02889 Urgently Hiring Est. $37.50 - $74.87 Full-time West bridgewater, MA 02379 Urgently Hiring Est. $18.73 - $40.23 Full-time Dartmouth, MA 02714 Urgently Hiring Est. $18.29 - $36.08 Full-time Bristol, RI 02809 Urgently Hiring Est. $18.29 - $36.08 Full-time Newport, RI 02840 Urgently Hiring Est. $18.29 - $36.08 Full-time North kingstown, RI 02852 Urgently Hiring Est. $18.29 - $36.08 Full-time Providence, RI 02912 Urgently Hiring Est. $18.29 - $36.08 Full-time Warwick, RI 02888 Urgently Hiring Est. $19.88 - $40.58 Full-time Bridgewater, MA 02324 Urgently Hiring