Delivery Driver - Hyco
| Estimated Pay ||$27 per hour|
|Location|| 123 First Ave |
About this job
Position Title: Delivery Driver
Supervisor: Branch Manager
FLSA: Non-exempt (Paid by the hour)
Loads merchandise into box truck and drives an assigned route to deliver a wide range of merchandise to customers
- Load and unload boxes with the use of a hand truck for delivery. May need to go up and down steps with hand truck and merchandise during deliveries.
- Occasionally load and unload pallets with merchandise from box truck with use of a manual pallet jack or scooter.
- Must inspect vehicle before and after each shift and immediately notify Manager of any damages or concerns.
- Maintain vehicle, adding air, fluids and oil as needed.
- Must follow Department of Transportation regulations.
- Drive assigned routes in a safe and timely manner.
- Monitor traffic conditions to avoid delays.
- Read and interpret maps and GPS directions.
- Ensure address on package matches up to delivery address.
- Maintain logs of deliveries.
- Ensure inventory loads match shipping papers
- Take payments when needed.
- Present change and receipts.
- Provide friendly and courteous customer service.
- Complete required logs and reports
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Valid Class B CDL license.
- Good driving record
- Proven working experience as a delivery driver
- High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Ability to calculate basic figures to ensure deliveries are correct.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average load)
- Lift – 50 lbs
- Carry strength (50’ or less) – 50 lbs
- Frequent lift/carry (> 12x/hour) – 50 lbs
- Constant lift/carry (> 30x/hr) – 20 lbs
- Physical Aptitudes (rated based on level of skill involved)
- Agility/dynamic balance 80-100%
- Finger dexterity – 80-100%
- Manual dexterity – 80 – 100%
- Posture Tolerance (rated based on frequency or time involved)
- Sit - frequently
- Stand/walk – occasionally
- Reach above shoulder level – occasionally
- Twist/turn head – frequently
- Bend over/stoop – occasionally
- Climb steps/ladder – occasionally
- Kneel/squat - occasionally
- Temperature is regulated by the employee while in the truck but once delivering, exposure is to ambient temperatures.
- Works mostly on the road, and will frequent businesses such as restaurants, delis, country clubs, day cares, and schools.
I fully understand the responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I am capable of performing the required functions.
Benefits: 100% Company Paid Medical/Dental Plan and Annuity Program.