Assistant Deli Manager - Full-time / Part-time
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33317
From $14.91 - $15.66
Position Title: Assistant Deli Manager
Supervisor: Deli Manager
FLSA: Full-Time, Hourly, 8-10 hour shift, Overtime
Restaurant Depot is a wholesale cash-and-carry foodservice distributor. Our mission is to provide our customers with Savings, Selection & Service, 7 Days a Week. Our customers are a targeted group: independent restaurants, caterers, and not-for-profits. We offer these customers the right products, at competitive prices, in the quantities they need, every day of the week. We are a privately-owned, multi-billion-dollar company and operate 150+ warehouses & distribution centers in 37 states.
The Assistant Deli Manager works closely with the Deli Manager in ensuring that all available product is out for sale, is maintained with the strictest freshness policies in accordance with Company direction and HACCP Guidelines and developing relationships with customers that drive sales goals, minimize losses & provide a mutual benefit for all.
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant, safe working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience, and respect in all customer interactions
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Operate equipment (e.g., box cutter, knives, scales, compactor, hi-los, scooters, scissor lifts) according to company & OSHA guidelines.
- Follow basic product handling procedures in accordance with company & HACCP policy. Always working with our “Always Fresh” mentality.
- Assist with product presentation, rotation, labeling & replenishment.
- Ensure in-stock position of available product while monitoring inventory levels through frequent cycle counts.
- Maintain working knowledge of all warehouse equipment.
- Gain and demonstrate a high level of operational execution and product knowledge.
- Ensure consistent execution of all Department operating procedures in accordance with Corporate Audit.
- Utilize accomplished selling skills to secure additional sales and use suggestive selling techniques to increase sales of products.
- Communicate code dating issues and shrink opportunities and monitor product quality to reduce shrink.
- Plan work duties appropriately during the scheduled shift to accomplish all assigned tasks. Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
- Assist department manager with interviewing, hiring & scheduling needs.
- Adhere to all local, state & federal laws, and company guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft, or fraud.
- Assist general team members as needed.
- Assist in other areas of the warehouse as needed and requested.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Ability to develop and train team members, build relationships, utilize skills of team members most appropriately.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to manage warehouse operations effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understand material, and provide instructions to team members.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, working warehouse environment
- Warehouse, retail and/or customer service experience is a plus
- Must be able to perform basic functions on a handheld scanner, desktop computer and calculator
Physical demands include, but are not limited to:
- Walking/standing on concrete up to 10 hours/day
- Frequently turning, standing, reaching, stooping, and/or bending
- Frequently pushing/pulling objects 500 to 1,500 lbs.
- Frequently lifting/carrying objects more than 60 lbs.
- Requires frequent exposure to cold/freezing temperatures
- Equipment in motion (forklifts, electric pallet jacks, scooters)
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Company Matched 401K
- Vacation, Sick & Personal PTO
- Bonus Opportunity
I fully understand the responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I can perform the required functions.
in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Est. $11.73 - $19.63 Gig Plantation, FL 33317 Urgently Hiring
Checkers & Rallys Drive-In Restaurants
Team Member 5317
Est. $11.00 - $11.40 Full-time, Part-time Plantation, FL 33317 Urgently Hiring
Est. $11.00 - $11.40 Full-time, Part-time Fort lauderdale, FL 33312 Est. $11.73 - $19.63 Gig Plantation, FL 33317 Urgently Hiring
Est. $11.00 - $12.20 Full-time, Part-time Fort Lauderdale, FL 33317
Full-time, Part-time Fort Lauderdale, FL 33317
Est. $15.16 - $26.84 Full-time, Part-time Fort Lauderdale, FL 33317
Sandwich Artist® #26868-0
Est. $11.00 - $11.40 Full-time, Part-time Plantation, FL 33317
Sandwich Artist® #26868-0
Est. $11.00 - $11.40 Part-time Plantation, FL 33317