est. per hourSouthern California Pizza Company • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourUnited Pacific • 20d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCarl's Jr. • 18d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
| Estimated Pay ||$30 per hour|
|Location|| 1124 W. Glenoaks Blvd. |
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Job Title: District Manager
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Reports To: Vice President of Operations
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the District Manager is responsible for growing the value of a set of Carl’s Jr’s assets (a group of restaurants, the brand, its guests, and team members). This will be achieved principally by increasing profit and traffic. To do so, a District Manager’s primary focus is on selecting, developing and leading store Management teams to consistently achieve and exceed all expected results.
Objectives of This Role: Only Apply if you will meet our 5 Role Objectives
1. Take 100% responsibility & accountability (either directly or via staff) for all sales growth objectives, IBF (Income Before Facility Costs), People Development, Staffing, and Guest Experience.
2. Results driven; owner operator & entrepreneur mind set.
3. Grow sales by 6% versus last year.
4. Monthly positive transaction growth.
5. Develop current talent and hire/train new talent.
Essential Job Functions
OUTCOMES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Achieve planned financial results through
top line sales, effective cost management and returns on our investment.
· EBITDA/Operating Profit
· Margin Management (Food Cost and Labor)
· Guest Retention
· Sales Trends/Comps
Deliver the Carl’s Jr brand
experience/standards to every guest in every restaurant, building guest loyalty, sales
and market share through memorable
Ensure that facilities meet our non-negotiable standards at all times for all guests and team members.
· Check Average/Growth
· Top Line Sales Growth
· Guest Comments
· Speed with Service
· QSC Audit Results/Brand Execution
2. Our Team:
· Build and sustain restaurant teams that consistently and absolutely execute our non-negotiable standards by developing capability, passion, accountability, and pride.
· Turnover/Staffing Guidelines
· Guest Metric Results
· GM Churn %
3. Management Talent:
· Develop the quality and quantity of talent (particularly General Managers and
· Shift Leaders) we need to effectively operate
· our current restaurants and grow our brand.
· Turnover Reports
· Internal Promotions/ People Development
· % Fully staffed with certified & capable GMs
· % Fully staffed with certified & capable Shift Leaders
· % Ready now bench strength to meet forecasted needs
Decisions with Participation
· Management selection
· Wage rates within legal and company Standards
· Local Restaurant Marketing Initiatives
· Selection of local vendors (gardeners)
· Emergency Maintenance priorities
· General Manager selection, termination, pay, discipline, performance management
· Actions to address legal, risk management and compliance issues.
· Annual Budget (future)
· Training Restaurants and Managers
· Local Market Marketing decisions
Direct: General Managers
Indirect: Assistant General Managers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· 3 - 5 years’ experience as a Quick Service Restaurant (Q.S.R.) Manager and/or at least 3 - 5 years multi-unit restaurant management experience in other food service concepts
· High school diploma and/or college preferred.
· Valid Driver’s License and proof of insurance
· Working knowledge of personal computers and related software (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to hire, train and develop strong teams to operate and grow the Brand
· Ability to create and foster a cohesive District team in an empowered environment
· Entrust General Managers to effectively manage and operate the restaurant with limited supervision and demonstrate organization, planning, delegation, teaching, and coaching skills.
· Ability to maintain Operational Excellence and Brand Integrity and continue to lean into the business
· Ability and desire to participate and lead cross-functional teams to improve operational efficiencies/capabilities.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Good interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with a diverse group of people, restaurant management, area management, and all levels of corporate personnel.
· Detail, result and deadline oriented with professional demeanor
· Independent self-starter with a can-do attitude
· Flexible and ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
· Willingness to learn and take on new assignments
· Strong organizational skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office and Restaurant environment. Extended periods of standing, sitting, typing and looking at a computer screen. May also require some reaching, bending, and lifting.
· Ability to travel to restaurant locations within assigned area and some overnight travel.
BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES - LEADERSHIP
Understands and uses economic, financial, market, and internal data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses in order to identify key issues and develop suitable strategies and plans. Knows the dynamics of how our business makes money and creates value. Coaches and teaches others on value creation and the vision for the future.
Drive for Results
Establishes specific, measurable goals, and pursues them relentlessly. Moves quickly on improvement opportunities and potential obstacles. Leads self and others to act with purpose, focus, and speed.
Building Talent and Capability
Attracts, develops, and retains talented people. Creates an environment that encourages people to reach their highest potential and prepares the organization to meet future challenges.
Translates strategy into operational reality. Breaks down strategies and business plans into key tasks and identifies accountabilities. Aligns communication, people, culture, resources, systems, processes, standards, and measures to ensure effective implementation and delivery of results.
Self / Interpersonal Awareness
Knows own strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits. Seeks feedback, gains insights from mistakes, and is open to criticism. Understands other people, hears what is important to them, and asks questions to understand their perspective.
Holds individuals and teams accountable for delivering results and high standards of performance. Visibly and powerfully recognizes and rewards excellent performance. Quickly and effectively addresses poor performance and failure to execute to our standards.
Develops people into teams, creates strong commitment, and a sense of shared purpose. Defines success in terms of the whole team and inspires confidence by supporting the team’s goals in words and actions.
Coaching / Teaching / Developing People
Provides timely coaching, guidance, and feedback to help others excel on the job and meet key accountabilities. Plans and supports the development of skills and abilities so that individuals can fulfill current and future responsibilities effectively.
Creating Inclusion / Valuing Diversity
Seeks out, welcomes, and leverages the capabilities and ideas of all individuals. Recognizes the value of their perspectives and works effectively with individuals of diverse styles, abilities, and motivations.
Is an outspoken and effective advocate for change. Communicates the need for change and includes everyone involved in defining, planning, and executing change. Stands up for the right thing to do—especially when it may seem very hard to do so.
Communicating with Impact
Listens for what is important to others so others know they have been heard. Expresses thoughts, feelings, and ideas in a clear, succinct, and compelling manner, in both individual and group situations. Adjusts language to capture and hold the attention of their audience.
Optimizing Resources and Budget
Acts to maximize cost-effectiveness and sets an example of fiscal responsibility and efficiency for others to follow. Manages expenses and budgets to established standards and expectations.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their Manager in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.