Store Manager - Full-time / Part-time
Hockingport, OH 45739
30 days ago
$27 per hour
Reports to: District Supervisor
Purpose of Position: Direct the day-to-day operation of an assigned Par Mar Store in a manner which exceeds Company Goals and Expectations of Total Quality Service to our Guests. Direct and maintain the store in a manner which is above and beyond Par Mar Stores Image Standards. The Store Manager is the primary person of responsibility, providing support and guidance to the employees to ensure the best customer service.
- Availability: The Store Manager must be available at all times to react to emergencies, customer concerns and any incidents that occur at the location. If the Store Manager is not physically at the location, they must be available by phone. When training a new Assistant Manager, the Store Manager must be flexible enough to work evenings or weekends with that individual to ensure proper on-the-job training on different shifts.
- 2 Driving on Company Business: Consistently maintain and provide a current valid driver’s license and proof of insurance on a vehicle you will be using to drive for company purposes including but not limited to: banking, gas surveys, or other company duties. To be considered for, or remain in the Store Manager position you must have the items required above in addition to a signed “Statement of Understanding” recognizing that you are aware of said requirements.
- Safety: Actively practice and enforce all safety measures to ensure a safe work environment is maintained in a manner which protects company assets, employees and Guests. In the event of an employee or guest injury, ensure that an Incident Report is immediately and properly filled out, typed then communicated with Supervision and Human Resources so that a claim can be reported in a timely manner.
- Guests: Greet and Welcome each Guest to Par Mar with the proper greeting: “Good (morning, afternoon or evening”), “Welcome to Par Mar”. Acknowledge a Guest leaving the store by using an exit statement such as: “Thank you, please come again, have a nice day.” Set the example and ensure that all employees are doing the same. Ensure a high standard of Guest satisfaction is maintained at all times through prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service in all areas of the store, not exclusive to the check-out area. Respond quickly with courtesy and professionalism when resolving guest complaints at your location. Make it your goal to resolve customer issues at store level and communicate with your Supervisor any complaints that require their attention to resolve.
- Image: Maintain a Store Atmosphere which is consistent with the Company Standards for Professionalism, Image and Total Quality Guest Service, Above and Beyond. Immediately address any employee who is not in proper dress code, including but not limited to: name badge, proper attire, apron, gloves, hat, footwear, Jewelry (facial or otherwise per Brand) or general appearance in violation of company Policy. Observe the Assistant Manager and Lead CSA’s to ensure they are holding employees accountable for any infractions. Develop and maintain a professional image as a member of the company management team, supporting the Company Image, in actions and words at all times. Display a consistent team oriented demeanor at all times by maintaining clear channels of communications with Supervision, employees and Guests in compliance with Company policies. Ensure all decisions regarding employees, company issues, Guest Service, laws, rules, regulations and safety are made from an objective analysis of the situation and the stated position of the Company. Store Exterior: Daily maintain a clean and attractive exterior of the store location by directing employees to consistently wipe down dispensers, removing excessive signage from windows, cleaning windows, keeping counter areas which can be viewed from the outside neat and orderly and sweeping the lot on a daily basis. Store Interior: Maintain the interior of the store in a clean and attractive manner, daily by directing employees to complete all tasks on the shift duty checklist. Ensure the office is neat, clean, organized and all confidential information is secured at all times. Maintain all island supplies and keep debris out of customers view with trash being emptied every shift.
- Training: Maintain and increase personal knowledge base by completing approved online and other available training applicable to this position and the company direction. Train and retrain store level employees in a manner consistent with Par Mar Goals, Policies, Procedures and Image. Assign the Assistant Manager or Lead CSA to train new employees and follow-up to ensure the accuracy and consistency of the training program. Train and direct store employees to meet daily expectation in all operations of the store in a manner which will meet all federal, state, local and industry laws, rules and regulations, such as in the sale of alcohol, tobacco and lottery, etc. Utilize the “Manager’s Redbook” according to company policy. Train and direct employees in utilizing and maintaining the “Manager’s Redbook” that controls daily shift functions and acts as communication tool for all employees.
- Employee Development: Set goals for employees which will encourage long term growth and promote career opportunities with the company. Be a positive example. Assist and encourage employees in meeting goals for the purpose of increasing store growth and personal growth within the Company. Review employee’s performance in an accurate, timely and objective manner consistent with company policies. Arrange promotions for those employees who meet company standards and go Above and Beyond for the level of performance demanded by the position which is open.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with all laws, applicable rules, regulations and necessary controls, including but not limited to: lottery, alcohol, tobacco, health, fuel regulations, etc. Follow, promote and enforce the Company Policies and Procedures at all times in a manner which supports the Company Mission Statement and Image Standards. Follow-up with employees to ensure they are complying with Policy. Smoking: : It is the policy of Par Mar Stores to support its employees in complying with all federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding the sale and use of tobacco and tobacco products. Smoking any form of tobacco products including e cigarettes and hookahs are prohibited in Par Mar Stores including in front of ANY Par Mar Store entrance. It is not permitted according to Local, State and Federal Laws and Regulations. Set the expectation in your store in regards to break times and procedures. Enforce any violations of this Policy. Alcohol: It is the policy of Par Mar Stores to support its employees in complying with all federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding the sale and use of alcoholic beverages. Enforce any violations of this Policy.
- Loss Prevention: Effectively control loss prevention by following company policies and procedures and practice honesty in the workplace at all times and reporting all dishonest findings to the Manager. Complete the proper accountability documentation per Policy. Responsible for completion of Full Cigarette/Tobacco/Lottery Counts and Cost Food Inventory per Policy. If these counts are delegated to the Assistant Manager or Lead CSA, follow up to ensure accurate completion. Complete paperwork in an accurate, neat and timely manner which exhibits a high level of expertise. Look for discrepancies by observing loss trends utilizing reports and viewing video. Ensure the accurate handling of company assets, including but not limited to: cash over/shorts, inventory shrink, merchandise handing, store profitability, minimizing controllable store expenses, labor costs and Guest service in accordance with Company Standards. Investigate and hold employees accountable for all dishonest findings.
- Par Mar Store Promotions: Support and promote with all employees Par Mar Stores Special Promotions, Events, Facebook and branded Fuel Promotions at store level. Promote good will on behalf of Par Mar Stores by attending community events including any Loyalty Program set by the Company.
- Food Service: Maintain an attractive image in the food service area and ensure accurate handling of the Food Service Department including but not limited to: preparation, inventory, scheduling, profitability, Guest Service, training, hiring, marketing, brand standards and providing the quality of food in accordance with Company Standards. Comply with, train and direct all employees to meet daily expectations with State, Local and Federal laws and regulations of the governing Health Department. Secure a food handlers card where applicable by the State when prepared foods are present.
- Receiving Merchandise: Properly receive all merchandise and accurately complete all invoices pertaining to the merchandise in a manner which maximizes inventory control as stated in the Company Standards.
- Vendor Procedures: Ensure proper vendor procedures are followed at all times to protect Company assets and merchandise the store in a manner which will supports Company Guest satisfaction policies and Image Standards.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Position: Store Manager
Reports to: District Supervisor
- Must be able to stand up to an eight (8) to ten (10) hour shift on a hard surface floor in order to perform all type of job duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds up to 3 feet high without the aid of another person, in stocking the store.
- Must be able to lift items onto a dolly and maneuver dolly into position.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment in stocking the coolers and freezers.
- Must be able to push and/or pull a mop/broom or shovel in order to clean floors, parking areas and sidewalks.
- Must be able to tolerate chemicals such as gasoline, cleaning agents, and other products necessary for customer service or cleaning the facility.
- Must be able to maintain balance and climb up to eight (8) feet on a step ladder or climb into the attic in order to stock and arrange coolers and shelves, replenish cups, ice, etc., in the fountain area and changing signs.
- Must be able to bend, twist and reach in order to perform various job functions such as washing windows and gas pumps, stocking shelves, coolers and fountain areas and picking up trash.
- Must be able to handle a variety of shapes, sizes, and textures. Items handled include, but are not limited to: stock items, money, credit cards, supplies and paper work.
- Must be able to use fingers bilaterally and unilaterally: A. The fingers are used bilaterally to count money, unload boxes, operate machines/equipment and to perform various other job functions. B. The fingers are used unilaterally to punch in prices on the cash register and computer.
- Must be able to have corrected hearing to listen to: A. The needs and direction from management; B. The needs of customers; and C. The environment to be aware of surroundings.
- Must be able to have corrected vision to: A. Be aware of surroundings and location of products and customers; B. Identify colors and descriptions of automobiles at gas pumps; and C. Count money, read price tags, cash register and gas pumps and perform job duties.
- Environmental conditions: must be able to work around various odors, dust and fumes in a mostly moderate temperature, except for extreme cold below 40 degrees in refrigerator/coolers or the drive in winter conditions.
- Must be able to have dexterity to perform repetitive tasks and force in the use of deli meat slicers and knives in a safe manner which meets company standards.
- Must be able to understand and use all safety equipment when using a slicer and cleaning machinery.
- Must be able to perform tanks inventory by reading the fuel tanks manually by lifting the 20-30 pound lids off the tank by using a screwdriver then “sticking” the tanks or by inserting the tool into the lid and accurately reading the measurement.
- Must not be short-tempered and must be slow to anger and able to respond in a calm demeanor in stressful situations such as dealing with customers who may be dissatisfied or emergencies.
- Must be alert and able to identify a hazard in order to avoid it by reporting immediately, or if necessary, take immediate corrective measures.
- Must not be impaired in anyway due to: A. the use of drugs (legal or illegal), B. alcohol use, or C. in any other way, which may affect the employee’s ability to act and/or react in a manner that will ensure their safety, the safety of other employees, customers and the assets of the company.
- Must be able to physically react in an immediate manner to emergencies such as fires, fuel spills, robberies or other life threatening situations.
- Driving on Company Business: Consistently maintain and provide a current valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
in Hockingport, OH
est. per hourPar Mar Oil Company • 30d ago
Easy apply retail supervisor jobs
in Hockingport, OH
est. per hourBurger King • 3d ago Urgently hiring 30.4 mi
Verified per hourLeaf Home • 10h ago Urgently hiring 19.5 mi
est. per hourBurger King • 3d ago Urgently hiring 49 mi
Verified per hourLeaf Home • 10h ago Urgently hiring 19.9 mi
Companies hiring retail supervisors
in Hockingport, OH
Explore more retail supervisor jobs
in Hockingport, OH
Nearby Job TitlesLicensed Practical Nurses Jobs Nursing Assistant Jobs Speech Pathologist Jobs Registered Nurse Jobs Truck Driver Jobs
Nearby LocationsParkersburg, WV Jobs Marietta, OH Jobs Athens, OH Jobs Vienna, WV Jobs Ohio Jobs
Nearby CompaniesGale Healthcare Jobs Franchise Career Advisor Jobs Soliant Jobs Par Mar Oil Company Jobs Care.com Jobs
Nearby CategoriesFull-time Jobs Part-time Jobs Teen Jobs
Posting ID: 798392581 Posted: 2022-11-09 Job Title: Store Manager