Registered Nurse - Now Hiring
Albany, NY 12202
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)The Perioperative Clinical Service Line Coordinator - Specialty reports to the Nurse Manager and holds a key leadership position within the division. In collaboration with the Nurse Manager, this leader assumes the responsibility of coordinating and articulating the philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Medical Center, the Nursing Service, and Perioperative Nursing into effective action. This nurse must have strong leadership and communication skills in order to maintain a safe and caring environment that supports excellence in clinical practice and customer service. This individual serves as a unit-based leader and acts as a liaison to clinical staff, physicians, support staff, and others involved in promoting positive patient outcomes across the continuum.
The Perioperative Clinical Service Line Coordinator - Specialty is responsible for coordinating the activities of a Specialty Service (including Cardiac, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Otolaryngology, Ophthalmology, GU/GYN, Plastics, General (MIS/Robotic/Colorectal/Bariatric), Vascular, Thoracic, Pediatric services). They oversee equipment/supply needs, exhibit a mastery of several nursing functions in the specialty service to advise and teach other patient care team members. They will also function as a liaison between managers/specialty teams/Optimization Clinic (PAT)/POCU/PACU/ASU/ BBSS/anesthesia staff and the medical staff while performing the core duties of a Registered Nurse.
- In depth knowledge of and ability to implement the AORN Standards and Recommended Practices for Peri-operative nursing.
- Analytical skills to resolve problems that require the use of basic scientific, mathematical, or technical principles.
- Communicates cooperatively and effectively with patients, family members, employees and others through verbal and communication. Engages in interactive dialogues with the multidisciplinary team. Seeks out the input of others to achieve consensus. Reads and interprets documents such as Patient Care Standards and Quality Reports. Problem-solves, performs computations, and interprets data. Interfaces with other Perioperative leadership staff to coordinate daily needs of the unit. Researches, distributes, and communicates information on new equipment, supplies and procedures. Provides input for staff meetings in collaboration with Nurse Manager. Meets with staff to problem solve supply management and equipment issues. Liaisons with all departments and disciplines that interface with the Perioperative area to facilitate positive patient outcomes.
- Ability to exchange information on factual matters, schedule appointments, greet visitors, explain medical center polices, and/or relay messages to appropriate personnel. This type of interaction requires courtesy and tact when dealing with patients, visitors and/or medical center employees. More sensitive situation may be referred to others as appropriate
- Ability to be honest, to be punctual, and to perform the job in adherence to the highest standards of ethical conduct as defined by the AMC Code of Conduct. Ability to be accurate in such matters as record-keeping, and to use good judgment when performing the functions of the job or when interacting with others. Ability to accept direction, carry out orders, to work cooperatively with others and to avoid the creation of unnecessary conflict. Ability to adhere to AMC’s policies, procedures and practices, and to utilize AMC’s problem-solving processes for resolving grievances or disagreements.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize work to complete assignments in a timely manner and meet established guidelines. Ability to multitask and gather data from appropriate resources.
- Accepts responsibility for self-development to remain cognizant of current trends and new methods within the nursing profession and health care environment
- Computer skills such as those found in the Microsoft Suite as well as PICIS.
Thank you for your interest in Albany Medical Center!
Albany Medical is an equal opportunity employer.
This role may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany Medical center, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are expected to ensure that:
Access to information is based on a “need to know” and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med Center policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and modification.
Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Part-time Albany, NY 12233 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Full-time Albany, NY 12233 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Part-time Albany, NY 12233 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Part-time Albany, NY 12233 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Part-time Albany, NY 12233 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Part-time Albany, NY 12233 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Part-time Albany, NY 12233 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Part-time Albany, NY 12233 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Part-time Albany, NY 12233 Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Full-time Albany, NY 12208 Urgently Hiring Est. $17.98 - $23.07 Full-time Albany, NY 12222 Urgently Hiring Full-time Albany, NY 12205 Est. $25.85 - $34.54 Full-time Albany, NY 12205 Est. $28.80 - $37.36 Full-time Guilderland, NY 12084 Urgently Hiring Est. $25.85 - $34.54 Full-time Clifton Park, NY 12065 Full-time Clifton Park, NY 12065 Full-time Schenectady, NY 12305 Est. $25.85 - $34.54 Full-time Schenectady, NY 12305