Social Worker - Full-time / Part-time
Fort Pierce, FL 34950
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Social Worker with HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Social Worker to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Case Management Department
Full time, Day Shift (Rotating Weekends), 1.0 FTE
HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital
Fort Pierce, FL
To determine the medical necessity of all admissions and the need for continued stay. To identify the provision of inappropriate or untimely services. To assess discharge planning needs for patients of all ages and coordinate the delivery of services to meet those needs. To facilitate timely and appropriate discharges from the hospital. To identify opportunities for improvements in patient care. To provide documentation of all functions as required by regulatory agencies. A Licensed Social Worker plans, organizes, directs, defines and coordinates clinical services necessary to meet the legal, organizational, medical staff and regulatory agencies guidelines. Provide case management, education, group and individual therapy, and discharge planning. Performs community and educational activities.
- In partnership with RN CM, the social worker is responsible for ensuring the post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate
- The social worker will respond timely to referrals from RN CM or other staff when risk factors for social determinants of health are identified
- Perform thorough assessments and develop appropriate plans of care for high risk patients with discharge planning or psychosocial needs
- Perform proactive discharge planning
- Provide expertise in post-acute services and community resources
- Identify and address barriers to discharge and recovery, including financial, emotional, psychosocial, medical, spiritual
- Provide psychosocial support and resources
- Provide education to patients and caregivers regarding community resources and post-acute level of care criteria, benefits, and coverage
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating family conferences
- Engage in community outreach and program development to support patient and caregiver needs
- Participate in interdisciplinary care planning process
- Maintain effective communication between members of the care team
- Provide expertise in ethics cases
- Assist patients and caregivers with end of life issues, from advance directives to grief support
- Provide psychosocial support to patients and caregivers for adjustment to patients’ chronic and/ or terminal illness/death
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) required
- Master of Social Work (MSW) preferred
- State licensure preferred (may be required by state regulations)
- Certification in social work or case management preferred
- Acute care social work experience preferred
- Knowledgeable about internal, community and post-acute care resources
- Basic social worker skills including but not limited to empathy, sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity, advocacy, communication and crisis intervention
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital is a 380-bed acute-care hospital. Offering a full range of services. We are home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast. Lawnwood Hospital provides interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include labor/delivery, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, adult and pediatric emergency services, and diagnostic services. We also offer inpatient, and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood Hospital is a designated Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited. We are a Level II Trauma Center. We are verified by the American College of Surgeons. We offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach. We provide emergency treatment for adults and children. We also offer the area’s only Level III Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive Care Units. At HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital patients come first – no matter what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced environment while enjoying a vibrant, laid-back quality of life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Social Worker opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.