Similar available jobs
in Herndon, VA
Team Member: Service Champion
Est. $16.10 - $17.59 Full-time, Part-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring
Tropical Smoothie Cafe
Est. $15.50 Full-time, Part-time, Teen Herndon, VA 20171
Team Member: Food Champion
Est. $16.10 - $17.59 Full-time, Part-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring $16.00 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171
Est. $11.00 - $13.99 Full-time, Part-time Herndon, VA 20171
Est. $11.00 - $13.99 Full-time, Part-time Herndon, VA 20171
Est. $16.10 - $19.09 Full-time, Part-time Herndon, VA 20171
The Cheesecake Factory
$11.00 - $17.75 / Hour Full-time, Part-time Dulles, VA 20166
Sandwich Artist® #70136-0
Est. $16.10 - $20.21 Part-time Herndon, VA 20171
Barista - Full-time / Part-time
Herndon, VA 20171
Benefits-eligible partners (employees working 20 or more hours a week) can get a wide range of perks, benefits and assistance.
One of the amazing benefits is the Starbucks College Achievement Program (SCAP):
In a first of its kind collaboration with Arizona State University, we’re offering all part- and full-time benefits eligible U.S. partners full tuition coverage to earn a bachelor’s degree. Partners receive support from a dedicated team of coaches and advisors, 24/7 tutoring on a variety of subjects, and a choice of more than 70 undergraduate degrees through ASU's research driven and top-ranked program, delivered online.
The Starbucks College Achievement Plan is just one way we’re committed to the success of our partners. From growing as a person, as a partner, in your career and in your community – the opportunity is here for you to shape and make your own.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BARISTA
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
Job will be at your nearest Starbucks location
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
No previous experience required.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Comply with a dress code that prohibits displaying tattoos, piercings in excess of two per ear, and unnatural hair colors, such as blue or pink
- Prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
We’re not just passionate purveyors of coffee, but everything else that goes with a full and rewarding coffeehouse experience. We also offer a selection of premium teas, fine pastries and other delectable treats to please the taste buds. And the music you hear in store is chosen for its artistry and appeal.
SCAP - Starbucks College Achievement Program
We know more than 70% of our U.S. partners (employees) are students or aspiring students. We want to help. Supporting our partners’ ambitions is the very best investment Starbucks can make. In a first of its kind collaboration with Arizona State University, we’re offering all part- and full-time benefits eligible U.S. partners full tuition coverage for every year of college to earn a bachelor’s degree. Partners receive support from a dedicated team of coaches and advisors, 24/7 tutoring on a variety of subjects, and a choice of more than 50 undergraduate degrees through ASU's research driven and top-ranked program, delivered online.
The Starbucks College Achievement Plan is just one way we’re committed to the success of our partners. From growing as a person, as a partner, in your career and in your community – the opportunity is here for you to shape and make your own. That’s why when you launch your career inspired by human connection and the opportunity to become your personal best, the possibilities are endless.
We proudly hire veterans, opportunity youth, and invest in education. Lots of opportunities to grow with Starbucks, from a barista to a manager!