Dining Supervisor - Now Hiring
4141 North Rockton Avenue
Rockford, IL 61103
To train and supervise food service staff in proper procedures for assigned dining area. To fulfill all required duties and responsibilities in an independent and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and directs all work in the assigned dining areas in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assists the Director of Dining Services in the updating of short and long term objectives and written policies and procedures that govern the operations of the assigned dining areas.
- Acts promptly to handle all residents concerns.
- Establishes a good rapport with employees and promotes teamwork.
- Maintains a safe and productive work environment by making routine inspections of dining and food service areas.
- Supervises the planning, development, organization, implementation, and evaluation of the area’s programs and activities.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of competent departmental personnel. Orients, trains, schedules and supervises staff.
- Participates in facility surveys and inspections made by authorized agencies.
- Completes all other special assignments and duties as required by the Director of Dining Services.
- Job Knowledge
- Customer Service
- Quality of Work
- Resident Satisfaction
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Prefer 1-3 years restaurant or institutional food service experience, including knowledge of food handling, service, and sanitation.
- A sanitation certificate from the Illinois Department of Public health is desired.
- Good communication and supervisory skills.
- Excellent computer skills in word/ excel.
- Must have the ability to stand and walk 6 -7 hours of an 8 hours shift.
- Must have the ability to sit for 1 hour of an 8 hour shift.
- Must have the ability to frequently lift and carry supplies and equipment 10 to 50 pounds while walking or bending at the waist and knees.
- Must be able to frequently reach above shoulders, to the front and sides.
- Must have the ability to frequently push carts with dishes and supplies exerting a force of up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to use wrists, fingers, and hands for repetitive firm grasping.
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Background check
- Drug screening
- Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) Review
- Has (or willing to open) a checking account for direct deposit
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Management skills: supervising employees
- Management skills: writing schedules
- Management skills: managing employee conflicts
- Management skills: conducting performance reviews
- Restaurant front of house skills: serving in fine dining
- 2-3 years of total work experience
- Comfortable handling customer complaints
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
- Able to comfortably lift 50 lbs
- Willing to wear face mask
- Available to work: early morning
- Available to work: holidays
- Available to work: weekdays
- Available to work: weekends
- Available to work: late at night
Full-time, Part-time Loves park, IL 61130 Start Earning Est. $12.00 - $21.35 Part-time Loves park, IL 61111 Urgently Hiring Est. $12.00 - $21.35 Part-time Loves park, IL 61111 Urgently Hiring Est. $12.00 - $21.35 Part-time Loves park, IL 61111 Urgently Hiring Est. $12.00 - $12.91 Full-time, Part-time Loves park, IL 61111 Est. $12.00 - $13.32 Full-time, Part-time Loves Park, IL 61111 Est. $12.00 - $12.07 Part-time Loves park, IL 61111 Est. $12.00 - $12.07 Part-time Loves park, IL 61111 Full-time, Part-time LOVES PARK, IL 61111 $17.00 to $23.80 hourly Full-time Rockford, IL 61103 Urgently Hiring Est. $12.00 - $14.03 Full-time, Part-time Rockford, IL 61108 $14.00 to $16.00 hourly Full-time Rockford, IL 61108 Full-time, Part-time Rockford, IL 61108 Full-time, Part-time Rockford, IL 61108 Est. $12.00 - $13.87 Full-time, Part-time Byron, IL 61010 Est. $28.67 - $36.73 Full-time, Part-time Beloit, WI 53511