The job below is no longer available.
Similar available jobs
in Dublin, GA
est. per hourParker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group • 4d ago
Business Unit Manager - Full-time / Part-time
Dublin, GA 31027
30 days ago
$53 per hour
About this job
Business Unit Manager
Location : DUBLIN, GA, United States
Job Family : Manufacturing and Production
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Dec 18, 2022
Job ID : 35714
Back to Search Results
Apply Now >Save Job Job Saved Parker Aerospace
- Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world's leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
- In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
- Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker's success. Position Summary
- Responsible for leading the Business Unit of a Division meeting objectives as identified by the Corporations WIN Strategy.
- Manages the Profit and Loss (P&L) asset performance of the business unit.
- Develop world-class manufacturing operations through the use of automation, documented processes, demand flow technologies, and a team of empowered employees to continuously meet customer expectations.
- Maintain close contact with customers to gain insight into their needs as well as general market requirements for business unit products.
Scope, Supervision, and Interaction
- Provides leadership for the business unit employees. Fully support Division General Manager. Interacts with current and prospective customers, trade associations, regulatory or government agencies, all levels of the organization including corporate officers, group and corporate staff functions. Responsibilities
- To profitably grow the Business Unit consistently and annually. Works with current and potential customers to promote and leverage company technologies, systems, products and services.
- Establishes and maintains premier customer service. Leads by example.
- Leads strategy deployment for the business unit concentrating on Lean Initiatives, Strategic Pricing and Strategic Procurement. Leads Operating, Manufacturing, Engineering, Information Technology, Human Resources, Lean Accounting, Planning, Sales/Marketing, and New Product Development functions to ensure operational efficiency and economy.
- Accountable for driving Lean Initiatives, Strategic Procurement and Strategic Pricing initiatives throughout the operation to ensure they are fully embraced and implemented.
- Develops a budget plan and manages the business unit within budget constraints.
- Maintains familiarity with competitive environment within geographical area of responsibility.
- Represents the operation at the Business Unit and Division levels.
- Provides leadership by promoting team concepts, coaching, counseling, retaining, mentoring, training, talent management, and individual development.
- Drives a culture of accountability and results through strategy deployment and effective performance management.
- Ensures that the business unit conform to local, state and federal government regulations.
- Promotes business unit within industry, manufacturing, trade associations and local community. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline
- Five to Ten years related experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of SIOP and partnership with Operations to develop capacity to load models to support sales and customer service expectations
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of lean tools and process mapping to help identify and solve throughput issues.
- Ability to develop and communicate a compelling future state vision and lead teamsto realize those plans
- Excellent knowledge of management and marketing principles, industry practices, company and competitor products, technology, and service capabilities.
- Knowledge of business and operational processes; proposal development, contract negotiations, and program management.
- May require knowledge of international budgeting and acquisition processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and obtain results through others typically acquired through ten or more years of increasing experience and responsibility including prior leadership and/or program management role.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities using effective problem solving / resolution skills and a team focus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, and entrepreneurial spirit to identify growth opportunities and lead the teams to execute strategic plans.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively present information to top management, customers, and employees.
- Additional Comments: The essential functions have been provided as example of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position. Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin. Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements. ("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor") If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf
Save Job Job Saved