Part Time- Warehouse Associate - Full-time / Part-time
About this job
Inside the RoleHourly Rate: $18.43
The Des Moines Parts Distribution Center (PDC) is a fast paced operation which provides direct aftermarket parts support to DTNA's dealer and distribution network. At the Des Moines PDC you will work alongside highly motivated individuals within the organization's Leadership Team, focusing on both short and long term goals and objectives of the PDC.
We Take Care of Our Team
- Receives and verifies amount and stores incoming material; picks required quantity material for processing.
- Packages material to ensure protection of parts in transit.
- Picks and prepares material for shipment.
- Spots material in proper location for shipment and/or loads on trailer.
- Audits storage locations for proper quantity and resolves discrepancies.
- Frequent contact with others outside the work group.
- Generate continuous improvement ideas.
- Ability to operate power vehicles such as a forklift and order picker.
- This position is not entitled to benefits
- Limited to working no more than 8 hrs per day and no more than 24 hrs per week
- Limited to working no more than 980 hrs in a calendar year
- Have the ability to lift and move up to 75 lbs.
Where We Work
This position is open to applicants who can work in (or relocate to) the following location(s)-Grimes, IA US
How We Collaborate
To continue building a great place to work for all, we are committed to a culture that creates flexibility and encourages a supportive working environment that achieves the needs of our business and employees.
At Daimler Truck North America, we recognize our world is changing faster than ever before. By listening to the needs of today, we're building to solve with cutting-edge solutions in sustainability and future driving technology across electric, hydrogen and autonomous. These solutions, backed by years of innovative success and achievement, continue DTNA's legacy as the undisputed industry leader. Our evolving brand portfolio is second to none, including Freightliner Trucks, Western Star, Demand Detroit, Thomas Built Buses, Freightliner Custom Chassis, and Financial Services. Together, we work as one team towards our envisioned future - building a cleaner, safer and more efficient tomorrow for all.
That is what we are working toward - for all who keep the world moving.
This position is not open for visa sponsorship or to existing visa holders
Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
Contractors, professional services, or other contingent workers should confirm with their local agency if they are eligible to apply for FTE positions
Daimler Truck North America is committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, age, marital status, family relationship, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender and transitioning status), genetic information, or veteran status.
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.