Similar available jobs
in Indianapolis, IN
Est. $8.54 - $11.37 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46201 Urgently Hiring
Teachers at Graham Road KinderCare - Will Train
Est. $8.54 - $11.37 Full-time Indianapolis, IN 46220 Urgently Hiring Est. $11.20 - $22.53 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46222 Urgently Hiring Est. $8.54 - $11.37 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46262 Urgently Hiring Est. $8.54 - $11.37 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46224 Urgently Hiring Est. $8.54 - $11.37 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46298 Urgently Hiring Est. $8.54 - $11.37 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46244 Urgently Hiring Est. $8.54 - $11.37 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46253 Urgently Hiring Est. $8.54 - $11.37 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46220 Urgently Hiring
Faculty Healthcare Specialist CNA & QMA - Full-time / Part-time
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Job no: 511180
Work type: Full Time Faculty
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Provide quality and engaging instruction in all delivery methods and formats; provide timely and meaningful feedback to students regarding the mastery of course and program learning outcomes; engage students outside of class in support of the curriculum and co-curriculum; provide institutional support and community service; participate meaningfully in student retention and completion initiatives; support the College's mission and strategic plan initiatives; conform to campus expectations of faculty performance and engagement.Major Responsibilities:
- Deliver assigned classes using pedagogy and technology that best support student learning and in accordance with college loading policy, course objectives and program learning outcomes.
- Develop and maintain curriculum and supporting course materials in keeping with and furtherance of course objectives and program learning outcomes.
- Maintain student records, attendance, grades, and other documentation as required. Manage a classroom environment conducive to student learning and in adherence to federal, state, and college safety standards and practices.
- Facilitate student achievement of expected program learning outcomes.
- Use Learning Management System (e.g., Canvas) to facilitate teaching, learning, assessment and communication.
II. RETENTION AND STUDENT SUCCESS
- Provide academic-related coaching and academic monitoring to assigned student advisees in partnership with professional academic advising staff.
- Monitor and document student performance throughout the semester, including using technology for academic advising alerts; provide necessary interventions, including communication with students, tutoring and other academic supports, and referrals to appropriate college resources.
- Maintain posted office hours in accordance with campus expectations and the faculty loading policy in the Academic Support and Operations Manual (ASOM 7.2).
- Promote and assist in student recruitment, retention, and successful completion of programs, including outreach to students by phone, technology tools, and other electronic means.
III. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Participate in professional development activities that may include scheduled training, time spent on-site in related businesses and industries, and self-study to advance instructional and technical skills as well as current knowledge within the field of study.
- Participate in scholarly activities related to the discipline/focus, in fulfillment of annual performance plans, and as required for certification and licensure.
- Stay current in contemporary pedagogy, digital technology, and other technology related to teaching that best supports student learning.
IV. COMMUNITY RELATIONS AND BUSINESS OUTREACH
- Provide institutional support as requested by college administration, such as participation on committees and task forces, projects related to college and program accreditations, and grant-related projects.
- Support and engage with Development (Ivy Tech Foundations).
- Attend commencement and participate as assigned by regional administration.
- Participate in college/campus-wide meetings and departmental/division/faculty meetings.
- Participate in career service and alumni activities.
- Support program/department chair in program management activities.
- Adhere to college and regional academic policies.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
A qualified Healthcare Specialist full-time faculty member teaching CNA and QMA courses meets the following criteria
- Possesses an earned baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution, and
- Is a licensed Registered Nurse holding an unencumbered license in the state of Indiana, and
- Has a minimum of two years of licensed nursing experience, of which at least one year must be in the provision of long-term care services
- Completed the Indiana Department of Health Train-the-Trainer
- Completed application for approval as a CNA program director on file at the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) with all required documentation
- Approval by the ISDH Division of Long-Term Care Training Section as a CNA program director
- Completed the Indiana state department of health instructor QMA course
Team Ivy Referral:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: 06 Dec 2022 US Eastern Standard Time