LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE-FT - Now Hiring
Chattanooga, TN 37408
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we’re still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.Job Details:
The Lead Sales Associate helps maintain a clean, well-organized store with a customer-first focus. The duties of the Lead Sales Associate include assisting customers in locating and purchasing merchandise, operating a cash register, stocking and recovering merchandise, cleaning the store, and performing other duties as assigned by the Store Manager to maximize store profitability and customer satisfaction while protecting company assets. Lead Sales Associates perform the duties of a Sales Associate and act in a lead capacity in the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide superior customer service leadership; greet and assist customers.
- Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total customer’s purchase, collect payment from customers and make change, bag merchandise, and assist customers with merchandise as necessary.
- Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack boxes, cartons and totes of merchandise; stock merchandise, restock and rotate merchandise on shelves, and build merchandise displays.
- Clean the store; take out trash; dust and mop store floors; clean restroom and stockroom; and help set up sidewalk displays.
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of planograms.
- Open and close the store under specific direction of the Store Manager.
- Perform additional duties typically performed by the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager, in their absence.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow planogram and merchandise presentation guides.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Knowledge of cash, facility, and safety control policies and practices.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to drive own vehicle to the bank to deposit money.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
High school diploma or equivalent and six months of supervisory experience (or related experience/training) preferred.
- Frequent walking and standing
- Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking merchandise
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers, two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds
- Occasional climbing (using step ladder) up to heights of six feet
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasional or regular driving/providing own transportation to make bank deposits, attend management meetings and travel to other Dollar General stores.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer._:
in Chattanooga, TN
Est. $11.09 - $16.10 Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37408 Urgently Hiring
LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE-FT
Est. $29.05 - $60.95 Full-time Chattanooga, TN 37419 Urgently Hiring
Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37419 Urgently Hiring Est. $23.03 - $31.54 Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37406 Urgently Hiring
Operations Manager Trainee
Est. $18.66 - $54.77 Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37410
Papa John's Pizza
Est. $20.99 - $43.73 Full-time CHATTANOOGA, TN 37408
Est. $17.28 - $25.03 Full-time, Part-time CHATTANOOGA, TN 37419
Est. $17.28 - $25.03 Full-time, Part-time CHATTANOOGA, TN 37404
Store Manager in Training
Est. $17.28 - $25.03 Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37419
Easy apply food service manager jobs
in Chattanooga, TN
Multi Unit District and Divison Managers
75,000 to 90,000 Full-time Chattanooga, TN 37421 Urgently Hiring
Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37403
Assistant General Manager
Est. $17.28 - $25.03 Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37408 Est. $17.28 - $25.03 Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37408
Front End Manager
Est. $29.05 - $60.95 Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37409
Assistant Stock Manager
Est. $10.78 - $14.23 Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37409
Assistant General Manager
Est. $17.28 - $25.03 Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37415 Est. $17.28 - $25.03 Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37415 Est. $17.28 - $25.03 Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37407