Similar available jobs
in Kearney, NE
est. per hourParker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group • 3d ago
Quality Assurance Technician - 2nd Shift - Full-time / Part-time
Kearney, NE 68847
Quality Assurance Technician - 2nd Shift
Location: KEARNEY, NE, United States
Job Family : Manufacturing
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Mar 28, 2023
Job ID: 37501
The Quality Assurance Technician supports the Quality Team, Production Lines, and others, ensuring consistent production quality standards and good manufacturing practices are enforced. This position validates processes, performs audits, oversees corrective actions and improvements, provides documents, and calibrates gages and test equipment.
1. Supports Quality Assurance team and provide reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities.
* Inspect and audit components and finished goods from receiving through manufacturing.
* Monitor non-conforming parts to ensure control and proper disposition.
* Enter quality data into relevant databases and provide quality reports.
* Assist with data collection for dimensional layouts, capability studies, customer notifications and PPAP submissions.
2. Support Production Lines and other groups, as appropriate, and provide reports against standards and specifications.
* Serve as a technical resource for production groups and others, regarding product characteristics and quality requirements.
* Investigate quality issues to ensure issues are addressed and resolved.
* Liaison between Manufacturing and Support Departments to resolve quality issues.
* Training on quality standards and procedures.
3. Manage quality assurance activities as assigned.
* MRB. Verify, identify, contain, disposition non-conforming product.
* Corrective Actions. Verify, issue, and monitor corrective action requests.
* Document Control. Document creation, approval, publishing, review, archive, disposal, storage.
* Calibration. Maintain calibration procedures, perform and/or arrange for calibrations, use gage software, perform R&R studies.
* Adhere to all organizational policies, procedures, standards, and practices
* Keeps work area neat, clean, organized, and under control
* Work in a team environment
* Rotate jobs as needed
* Mindful of improving methods and processes in completing assignments.
* Implements new ideas on approval of supervisor/manager.
* Other duties, consistent with skills and experience, as directed by Supervisor /Manager.
Required: High School education. One year experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience at a previous employer may be considered and applied to the experience requirement at the discretion of the Divisional Quality Manager.
Any deviations from the above requirements (e.g. substituting more work experience for required education) will be evaluated and approved by the Divisional Quality Manager.
Preferred: College course work in business administration, manufacturing technology or related courses. Two years' experience in a manufacturing setting.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Proficiency with personal computers and applicable software, including Microsoft Office and Windows, statistical software, and data analysis. Proficiency with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, and digital indicators. Occasionally requires lifting objects weighing up to approximately fifty pounds. Pushing or pulling objects may require additional exertion.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor")
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf