Similar available jobs
in Orlando, FL
Director, Application Development
Est. $28.76 - $50.07 Full-time, Part-time Orlando, FL 32885 Urgently Hiring
Lead Infrastructure, Network, Security, Cloud - Full-time
Orlando, FL 32885
Software Resources has an immediate contract to hire job opportunity for a REMOTE Senior React Tech Lead with a major corporation in Las Vegas, NV. PST Hours required.
Based in Las Vegas, NV and reporting to the Director of eCommerce Product Engineering, the React Tech Lead will be responsible for overseeing, developing, and maintaining the react front-end application for the caesars.com booking engine and it's set of product booking and eCommerce capabilities, for Entertainment and its family of brands. The React Tech Lead will lead team members, in close collaboration with the Digital Product Owner, to execute the single page application development for the entire end-to-end guest booking and reservation management experience, across all digital touch points (smartphone, signage, desktop, voice, etc.).
This role is responsible for breaking down and translating capabilities/features into various code artifacts, including estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, and deployment to propel the product forward from user story through deployment. In addition, this front-end engineer will be accountable for the successful launch of defect free, modular, reusable code from ideation through implementation, as well as continuous optimization through the product life.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of react web development and front-end coding principles with respect to responsive mobile and web engineering, as well as the ability to provide guidance and leadership to developers within his/her scrum teams towards the development of guest-facing booking experiences. The React Front-End Engineer will adhere to and participate in the creation and consistent application development of digital product engineering design principles, patterns, and shared code libraries to ensure efficient and scalable product development. The candidate must be able to collaborate with multiple product teams and vendor/ partners simultaneously, excel in a fast-paced environment, identify and leverage threads across disparate delivery teams and departments including marketing, revenue management, property management, and IT.
The role will provide direct leadership over the individual product engineers who bring our booking products to market, acting as a servant leader to the developer/engineering members of the Booking and Payments scrum team, contractors, freelancers and vendors as digital products and initiatives are proposed, designed, developed and launched. The React Tech Lead must have the leadership and drive to direct and serve teams that ideate and deliver high-quality code and user experiences of digital products for our customers, by living a culture of data-driven and end-user focused product engineering, delivery and innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development, programming, and coding of complex and business critical eCommerce front-end technology solutions using React within a single-page-application framework.
- Write code (and not just pull from libraries) in the development of eCommerce front-end booking systems and provide consultative guidance for the team of developers on sizing, scope and risk.
- Conduct unit tests, peer code reviews and maintenance of internally and partner developed front-end eCommerce applications.
- Responsible for defining the "definition of done and documentation of the completed front-end application solutions.
- Consume micro services and leverage extensive experience using tools and technologies for developing a scalable application.
- Write technical user stories/tasks and detailed technical specifications for caesars.com booking engine systems. Identify integration points. Review technical stories created by other developers within the Booking and Payments scrum.
- Scope the time, resources, and needs required by the scrum team to complete front-end programming features. Seek review from other Developers, Product Owners, IT Systems Analysts or Project Managers/Directors on estimates.
- Participate with the delivery and product management leadership in the planning of all features of the booking engine and its entry and exit points.
- Lead a team of react developers responsible for the realization of the vision / concept of the booking engine product and its set of capabilities by connecting technical touch points (architecture, services, etc.), with a customer-first focus.
- Provide leadership to ensure that the product specifications/stories enable a desirable, feasible and viable product for the relevant end-user.
- Attends daily scrums with team members to help drive engineering decisions, remove roadblocks, and communicate changes in strategic code development direction or priority shifts.
- Provides frequent communication to the product management and engineering leadership on development progress, elevating any issues that could impact the budget, timeline, or strategic vision.
- A lover of efficient code with a minimum of 5 years in a digital product engineering role, at least 3 years in a Tech Lead role within a scrum team.
- At least 3 years of proficiency in developing web applications with React, NodeJS and experience in consuming microservices.
- Solid understanding and experience integrating web / microservices architecture.
- Experience using GitHub, Jenkins, and or similar tools and technology.
- Expert level experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures.
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to assimilate disparate information (apm alerts, logs, error messages) and pursue leads to find root cause of defects.
- Experience developing in an agile/scrum development environment using Jira and Confluence for feature tracking and documentation.
- Experience with Adobe Experience Cloud, primarily AEM and Analytics a plus.
- Demonstrable portfolio of products in market.
EDUCATION & LEADERSHIP:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- MS/MBA or other relevant degree in computer science or MIS preferred.
- Significant experience in leading team members/organizations in bringing high quality digital products to market
- Strong knowledge of the online travel industry, and travel/tourism in general is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- The ideal candidate will possess a combination of communication and product engineering skills at the enterprise level. This role requires that the candidate have a proven track record of leading digital engineers through concept, design and delivery of complex consumer facing products.
- Deep knowledge and extensive experience in leading teams in the development of web and mobile solutions, with a deep understanding of how to get consumer-centric solutions to market with a high degree of success.
- Experience leading engineering team members through a product development lifecycle that leverages agile principles yet recognizes constraints in an environment that has antiquated legacy systems and a mix of new technologies.
- Ability to effectively traverse across a multi-faceted delivery system, that includes product definition, design and engineering across front-end user interfaces, middleware or micro-services and back-end systems.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and sell ideas and concepts into engineering and product leaders.
- A distinct point of view on web application code design and the ability to employ design thinking methods to solve problems and apply the right solution for a given problem.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, plus the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships with developers, IT, and development partners.
- Ability to grasp the complexities of the front-end, middleware, and back-end systems and effectively translate that into development solutions that drives measurable results.
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action.
- A positive outlook and willingness to act as a servant-leader within a high-performing scrum team.