The job below is no longer available.
Similar available jobs
in Lafayette, LA
Est. $22.76 - $31.78 Full-time Lafayette, LA 70502 Est. $22.76 - $31.78 Full-time Lafayette, LA 70502
Registered Nurse (Day and Night shifts available) - Part-time
Lafayette, LA 70507
30 days ago
$29 per hour
About this job
SIGN ON BONUS (ask for details)
Vermilion Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive benefits package for full and part time employees which may include (based on status):
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
- Time off Accrual
- Excellent training program
- Professional growth opportunity that is second to none in the industry. Join a team with defined career paths and a national family of hospitals and facilities
- Sign On Bonus available for FT employees
SHIFTS AND HOURS:
7pm to 7am or 7am to 7pm. All shifts rotate weekends. FT employee's work every other weekend any may be eligible for shift differentials.
- Provide and coordinate care by assessing physical and behavioral health needs of patient, develop and implement nursing care plans, maintain medical records and educate patients and their families about various physical and behavioral health conditions.
- Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures and protocols, as well as facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure physicians orders are legible if taken verbally and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Ensure patients status is assessed on an ongoing basis and pertinent information gathered is documented.
- Collaborate with others to ensure that all patients physical, biopsychosocial, age, developmental and cultural needs are met and when they are not met, acknowledges and works to resolve customer complaints.
- Notify physician of significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox, medical emergency or change in medical status regarding response to medications, etc.
- Ensure nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs and initial treatment plan is completed upon admission.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in providing direct patient care.
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note and document accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
- Responsible for completing admission and discharge processed efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining professional boundaries, being respectful to personal space, giving patient direct attention and maintaining rational detachment.
- Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as directed.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, coworkers and others involved in patient treatment in an effective manner.