Industrial Engineer - Full-time
Huntersville, NC 28078
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATDs coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Position Description:We are looking for an Industrial Engineer to join our newly formed engineering team under the leadership of our Senior Director of Operations Systems as part of ATDs Supply Chain team. A highly visible position working with leadership and teams across the supply chain supporting our global distribution operations. The position can be located regionally across the United States or in Huntersville, NC. This person will play a key role in the success of our supply chain performance and productivity.
The Industrial Engineer will be responsible for designing and supporting the implementation of standard lean operating warehousing procedures through our 113 distribution centers, 4 mixing warehouses in the United States and 26 distribution centers in Canada, and across our last mile delivery fleet through the following activities:
- Design engineered labor standards for warehousing and delivery activities
- Analyze existing operations and develop standards for all sites across the network
- Develop and lead training to support rollout and ongoing optimization
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities and perform ongoing updates to the engineered labor standards
- Conduct time and motion studies and analyze cost/benefit implications of potential process improvements
- Audit and update standard operating procedures
- Collaborate with Continuous Improvement team to implement improvements
- Identify opportunities to improve existing processes
- Support the implementation and sustainment of ATDs labor incentive program
- Analyze data to support calibration and changes to KPI and incentive (pay-for-performance) targets
- Perform root cause analysis of performance and process variation across sites
- Support supply chain leadership with analysis during annual planning and budgeting process
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering or closely related discipline
- Minimum 1+ year as an industrial engineer, process engineer, continuous improvement manager. Includes experience gained during internships and other collegiate programs/projects.
- Experience using predetermined motion time systems (MTM, MODAPTS, MOST)
- Experience driving lean improvements in warehousing and delivery
- Demonstrated change management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written: able to communicate effectively with a broad audience
- Strong analytical skills including experience analyzing large data sets with Excel
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
- Experience with labor management systems
- Experience in a tire company or working in a distribution center
- Up to 75% travel-This job requires travel to our many distribution centers around the United States and Canada.
- Future openness to relocation a plus. ATD has multiple developmental career paths that can be pursued.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R23256
Easy apply stock clerk jobs
in Huntersville, NC
Horn's Express - Marathon
Store Team Member
13.50 Full-time Mocksville, NC 27028 Urgently Hiring
Pioneer Motor Bearing
Est. $11.11 - $17.72 Full-time, Part-time Kings mountain, NC 28086 Urgently Hiring
Est. $11.38 - $15.51 Full-time, Part-time Advance, NC 27006 Urgently Hiring