Similar available jobs
in Richmond, VA
Human Resources Coordinator
Est. $18.44 - $33.27 Part-time Richmond, VA 23219 Urgently Hiring
Virginia Economic Development Partnership
Human Resources Coordinator
Est. $18.44 - $33.27 Part-time Richmond, VA 23218 Urgently Hiring
Release Train Engineer PM 4
Est. $36.25 - $54.61 Full-time, Part-time Richmond, VA 23219
U.S. Army Recruiting - Richmond Battalion
Human Resource Soldiers *No Experience Necessary*
$26,000.00 to $56,000.00 hourly Full-time Richmond, VA 23219
Estimator - Full-time
Richmond, VA 23219
A reputable heavy civil construction company is seeking a motivated Estimator with experience to add to their always growing team. The Estimatorinterfaces with clients and their representatives to ensure that technical specifications and designs are feasible and consistent with industry standards.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Estimators are responsible for developing accurate and complete job estimates.
- The Estimator identifies project labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, written specifications and related documents.
- Conducts site visits and attend pre-bid meetings to understand the project scope.
- Conducts review and take-off of blueprints.
- Solicits bids from subcontractors.
- Gathers subcontractor pricing and conducts scope review.
- Evaluate subcontractor bids to bid documents and plans to ensure that the full scope of work was considered.
- Calculates costs of subcontract labor, general conditions, and materials.
- Collaborates with the client to help them achieve their project cost budget through consideration of plan details, alternate material/finishes and building methods.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience estimating
- DOT, bridge, and/or heavy highway construction experience preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Experience in Conceptual, Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction document budgets and estimates
- Estimating software knowledge preferred to include HCSS Heavy Bid
Please contact me today for more information about the position!Angella.Jensen@gogpac.com or 605.799.8783.
**Concrete Companies: If your team needs any position(s) filled we can also assist in presenting qualified talent. Reach out for a consultation today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.