est. per hourSonepar USA • 2h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourUnited States Army • 30d ago
Verified per hourKelly Services • 8h ago Just posted
Bulk Materials Handler - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay ||$19 per hour|
|Location||Des moines, Iowa|
About this job
The Bulk Materials Handler loads and unloads bulk materials transported to or within the plant production areas. This position is also responsible for verifying the proper identification of products and quantities and for performing this job in a safe and responsible manner following all safety rules and procedures.
What your day may look like
- Loads and unloads shipments of bulk materials at plant facility using product handling equipment.
- Verifies correct product and quantities are reflected on all paperwork.
- Ensures that accurate bulk materials are unloaded into the proper tanks by checking the label on the delivered product and matching the label on the proper plant tank.
- Ensures that tanks are supplied with product to keep line operating during the job run.
- May be required to operate a semi-truck on plant property.
- Adheres to Standard Operating Procedures for handling all materials.
- Assists in obtaining product samples for lab analysis.
- Performs general warehouse duties.
- Maintains a clean work environment both inside and outside the facility by using good housekeeping habits
- Other work-related duties as assigned by your leader.
- Reliable and regular attendance is required.
Education and experience needed for this position
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two years of experience in a production/laboratory or warehouse environment is required.
Other skills that will help you succeed
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to prioritize plant needs
- Ability to enter information into production software.
- Must be able to pass a forklift test.
- Basic math skills.
- Mechanical skills.
- Decision-making skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of times in extreme hot or cold temperatures.
- Ability to pass OSHA respiratory physical is required.
- Ability to work rotating shifts is required.
Your work environment and the physical aspects of the job
There are potential hazards associated with any chemical manufacturing business but at Helena Industries safety is our highest priority. We seek out extensive safety measures including engineered solutions and personal protective equipment and put them in place to minimize exposure to anything that could potentially be harmful to our employees.
The work environment for this position is that of a typical plant environment where the noise level is usually moderate to loud. In this position, you will regularly work near moving equipment/mechanical parts and could be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, chemical and biological hazards, vibrations and a risk of electrical shock. This position requires you to use your hands for many different tasks and to talk, hear, walk, stand and sit. You may be occasionally required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Lab and office positions at the plant would only have occasional exposure if they must go out into the plant.
Who we are
Helena Industries has provided formulations and packaging solutions for companies around the world for over 60 years. As one of the largest chemical toll manufacturer's and service companies in the U.S., we set the bar for the industry in ensuring the safety of our clients' technology, brand and assets with integrity and pride.
Helena is a special place to be
At Helena, we are family. Our employees take care of each other and support each other at work and in their personal life. Our family-like atmosphere creates a positive work environment that allows our employees to be high-performers because they feel comfort and compassion from their leader and team.
Our family-like culture is centered on our employees who embody our core values which we refer to as R.A.P.I.D.S. -- Responsive, Attitude, Proactive, Integrity, Dependability and Safety. At Helena Industries, you will find transparent and open communication. We care about our employees and value their opinions. We appreciate that our employees want to understand their contribution to the company's mission, that they take ownership of their responsibilities and then are trusted to perform.
At Helena Industries, you will find recognition for hard work and positive reinforcement through excellent benefits, competitive pay and daily workplace interactions.
Helena's commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Helena, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where all our employees feel safe, valued and have the opportunity to succeed. We embrace different backgrounds and human experiences because our customers are also diverse. When we all show deep appreciation for each other and our customers it builds trust that strengthens Helena and keeps us competitive.
Helena supports individuals with disabilities and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform job responsibilities.
Stay connected to Helena
For the latest job postings and company news, visit us at .
Helena is an equal opportunity employer.