Similar available jobs
in Oklahoma City, OK
Ritchie Bros Auctioneers
Est. $8.78 - $13.24 Part-time Oklahoma city, OK 73102
Cash Room Manager
Est. $17.98 - $29.58 Full-time, Part-time Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Workers Compensation Claims Specialist - Full-time
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
The Claims Specialist works within a Claims Team, using the latest technology to manage an assigned caseload of routine to moderately complex claims from the investigation of the claim through resolution. This includes making decisions about liability/compensability, evaluating losses, and negotiating settlements. The role interacts with claimants, policyholders, appraisers, attorneys, and other third parties throughout the claim’s management process. The position offers training developed with an emphasis on enhancing skills needed to help provide exceptional service to our customers.
GRS North America Claims is excited to announce our go forward strategy to provide employees with the flexibility to work from home full-time. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and should reside within a reasonable commute of our Tampa, FL or Plano, TX hub offices to attend occasional collaborative activities with your team, as needed.
Candidates living in Louisiana, Oklahoma, Alabama, Georgia or North Carolina will be fully remote.
Training is a critical component to your success and that success starts with reliable attendance. Attendance and active engagement during training is mandatory
- Manages an inventory of claims to evaluate compensability/liability.
- Establishes action plan based on case facts, best practices, protocols, regulatory issues and available resources.
- Plans and conducts investigations of claims to confirm coverage and to determine liability, compensability and damages.
- Assesses policy coverage for submitted claims and notifies the insured of any issues; determines and establishes reserve requirements, adjusting reserves, as necessary, during the processing of the claim, refers claims to the subrogation group or Special Investigations Unit as appropriate.
- Assesses actual damages associated with claims and conducts negotiations, within assigned authority limits, to settle claims.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven interpersonal, analytical and negotiation abilities required.
- Ability to provide information in a clear, concise manner, ability to build effective relationships.
- Bachelor`s degree or equivalent in addition to 1-year claims handling experience. Knowledge of legal liability, insurance coverage and medical terminology preferred.
- Licensing may be required in some states.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit:
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.