The job below is no longer available.
Resident Engineer - Full-time
New Carrollton, MD 20784
30 days ago
About this job
Job Title: Resident Engineer
Duration: 6 Months - possibility to extend
Start Date: ASAP
Location: New Carrollton, Maryland
this person will need to be onsite - 5 days a week
Must have Skills:
The engineer must be expert in:
- Aruba wireless
- The engineer will take task direction from the Aruba project manager.
The resource will be working on the following:
- Best Practice Reports
- Proactive Software Recommendations
- Bug Scrubs
- Change window support
- Informal Knowledge Transfer
REQUIRED TASKS & SCOPE
- Aruba Engineering Support:
- AOS6 to AOS8 Migration: migrate existing AOS6 controllers to AOS8
- Conduct service planning meetings with the Customer's wireless engineers to assist in the development of prerequisites and requirements
- Schedule High Level Design (HLD) collaboration meetings, review roles and responsibilities.
- Work collaboratively to help develop a prerequisite readiness checklist.
- Assist Customer PM with the development of a project plan to include key milestones for task due dates Architecture and Design:
- Review of the current wireless environment and assess what is needed prior to migration
- Review and provide an assessment of the Mobility Conductor hardware or VM.
- Review and refine the proposed sequence of migration activities
- Assist Customer with refining the project plan and cutover dates/times based on Customer requirements
- Assist with defining remote access to in-scope Aruba devices for Command Line Interface (CLI), Secure Shell (SSH) and Graphical User Interface (GUI connectivity.