Similar available jobs
in Dumfries, VA
Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Woodbridge, VA 22194 Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Woodbridge, VA 22193 Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Dumfries, VA 22026 Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Woodbridge, VA 22191 Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Triangle, VA 22172 Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Dumfries, VA 22025
Senior Software Engineer - Work/Life Balance - Full-time / Part-time
Dumfries, VA 22025
SimVentions, consistently voted a Best Place to Work in Virginia, is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our team!
Provide senior software engineering in an Agile development environment as part of a team developing a Tactical Simulator (TACSIM) for an Electronic Warfare (EW) system.
Develop technical designs and specifications for complex software solutions.
Research and integrate design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
Gain understanding and knowledge of the tactical electronic warfare systems and various software baselines
Actively support all aspects of the system development lifecycle (analysis, requirements definition, design, coding, development and unit testing, maintenance and preparing associated documentation) with an emphasis on software coding
Work collectively and provide technical leadership to other developers within the engineering team to ensure high-quality software product delivery
Required Skills & Experience:
Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating environment including, but not limited to, the following:
- Testing and debugging software applications, components, and units.
- Reverse engineering complex Linux C++/Java applications.
- Linux networking, system administration, scripting, and configuration and management.
- Software development using database technologies.
Ability to clearly and accurately document software source code, specifications, and manuals
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to collaborate constructively and present overall results with other government and contractor personnel
Ability to thrive in a flexible, team-oriented work environment
Experience with C++ and Linux
Ten years of software development experience.
Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities, all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Agile/SCRUM experience
- Navy Electronic Warfare background/knowledge
- DDS-compliant middleware experience
- Product Line Architecture (PLA) and Component Framework (CF) experience
Education: A Bachelor’s of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline
Minimum Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain Secret clearance
Travel (if applicable): Occasional travel to support system installations
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a place to work with other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It’s also a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our team members to engage in throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on, you will be having a direct impact on our customer’s success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don’t just hire the smartest people. We hire experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created here.
Create Meaningful Solutions
We are trusted partners with our customers and are provided challenging and meaningful requirements to help them solve.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
- Impact: work on projects that directly support the defense of our nation.
- Serve: work for a company that supports its surrounding communities.
- Employee Owned: work with the best and help build YOUR company.
- Dress code: business casual. We like to be comfortable while we work.
- Healthcare: one of the best packages in the industry.
- Culture: add to our culture of technical excellence and collaboration.
- Food: we have a lot of food around here.
- Family focus: work for a team that recognizes the importance of family time.
- Employee appreciation: lots of events throughout the year.
- Resources: excellent facilities, tools, and training opportunities to grow in your field.
- Open communication: work in an environment where your voice matters.
- Fitness/Well-being: opportunities to participate in company sports teams and workout groups.
- Professional development: employee-led interest groups for personal and professional development plus great training options
- What you bring to the table: contribute, grow, and thrive.
- Lots of employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job done
- Regular communication (“All-Hands”, “SimV Share”, “Imagineering Day”) to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good food
- SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
- Employee led interest groups for personal and professional development
- What you bring to the table…
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)-