Similar available jobs
in Ellensburg, WA
- Central Washington University • 3d ago
- Central Washington University • 3d ago
Web Specialist - Full-time / Part-time
Ellensburg, WA 98926
Central Washington University is recruiting a Web Specialist to join our Auxiliary Services team in Ellensburg, Washington. This role is an important member of our team as they help with customer-facing website management relating to commerce and customer service for the University. The role is a hybrid position, which means you get to see the lives you are impacting and work remotely part of the time. We're offering a salary, depending on experience, from $52,588 - $64,420 annually plus the awesome CWU benefits.
Who we are:
We are a team of individuals committed to Changing Students' Lives. No matter what job, each of us plays a part in supporting and empowering our students to fulfill their dreams.
Working in higher education provides career growth and career choice. Think of a university campus like a mini city, operating across 380 acres. You'll find diverse academics, libraries, athletics and sporting events, full service and quick serve dining, conferences and events from small to large, recreation centers, housing for ~10,000 students, health services, police and public safety.
For the seventh time in eight years, CWU is a recipient of the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine. Come join us on our journey to encourage, inspire, and create spaces where all identities thrive on campus.
Tour our campus in Ellensburg here.
What we offer:
Our investment in you begins the day you join our team, a healthy and successful future for you is important to us. We offer medical, dental, life and disability insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, tuition assistance for you and your dependents, discounts across town, an employee assistance program for individualized counseling, and a wellness incentive program. Learn more: .
The Web Specialist will be the expert technical advisor and manager of ecommerce and web sales for Auxiliary Enterprises. This position will ensure that ecommerce sites are always functioning properly and at optimum levels, and will support all Auxiliary Enterprises areas, including the Wildcat Shop, Dining Services, Testing Services, Central Access, and other departments. The Web Specialist will provide the necessary technical expertise to create and/or edit websites, with a focus on ecommerce portions for all units that utilize this service. The person will also serve as an expert in the decision-making process for analyzing and recommending 3rd party service providers, and they will assist unit directors/managers in decision-making and general operations in retail and online point of sale environments. The Web Specialist's activities will assist in ensuring the achievement of Auxiliary Enterprises' vision of being recognized for excellence. This position exists to support CWU's commitment to diversity and to bring and support inclusion into the university environment. All employees are expected to support CWU's commitment to diversity and to bring and support inclusion into the university environment.
- Works closely with 3rd party service providers to ensure optimal functioning of ecommerce systems
- Supports the Wildcat Shop in maintaining and enhancing course material systems, POS system, and website
- Prepares problem reports for Wildcat Shop website and Visual Ratex
- Performs validation testing for Wildcat Shop systems to ensure optimal functioning
- Tests and optimizes user experience for all Auxiliary Enterprises departments that utilize ecommerce platforms and websites
- Analyzes analytics and creates reports and presents recommendations
- Supports order fulfillment for online orders for Wildcat Shop
- Creates and maintains ecommerce websites for Auxiliary Enterprises departments
- Regularly updates websites with new information and products
- Supports implementation of 3rd party service provider ecommerce systems and websites
- Advises departments in the adoption and implementation of new ecommerce systems, including websites, POS systems, digital displays, and apps
- Analyzes 3rd party service provider proposals and systems to make recommendations to departments on adoption and implementation
- Represents Auxiliary Enterprises in high-level conversations related to system use at CWU
- Coordinates with CWU Information Systems and/or Auxiliary Computing to ensure Auxiliary Enterprise compliance with campus rules and regulations
- Makes recommendations of need for system updates and upgrades, and facilitates systems upgrades
May perform any or all of the following duties:
- Assists higher-level fiscal personnel with summary information and analysis of records and reports; Identify areas of concern where overspending may take place.
- Interprets fiscal policies and procedures; assist in the monitoring and review of computer input/output; provide suggestions for development and maintenance of computerized financial management and budget development systems.
- Actively engages in recruitment and hiring new employees.
- Clearly defines performance expectations, ensure accountability, and provides ongoing informal feedback, coaching, and mentoring. Conducts formal performance evaluations.
- Ensures employees have necessary resources.
- Oversees and directs the work of staff; serves as mentor, coach, and leader, and resolves complaints or issues.
- Promotes professional development opportunities.
- Develops and fosters supportive working relationships, motivation, and engagement.
- Communicates information to staff on an ongoing basis to influence staff engagement and to be a part of a larger community.
- Takes corrective action in a timely manner.
- Recognizes and rewards employees for good performance.
- Schedules employee work hours/shifts; monitor hours worked; approve payable time and absence requests.
- Adjusts leadership style as needed to achieve results.
- Recognizes value of and promotes diverse workforce. Values and encourages diverse perspectives, creativity and teamwork
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years of direct demonstrated experience.
- Experience with creating, editing, and/or managing websites, including experience with content management systems (ex: Drupal) and/or experience with programming languages and/or platforms such as Vortx, HTML5, CSS, or similar language.
- Experience or training that demonstrates the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, specifically including Excel, Word, Access, and/or similar software applications to produce written correspondence, create and maintain spreadsheets, and receive and respond to e-mail inquiries, tasks, etc.
- Experience in customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience exercising independent judgment regarding fiscal decisions.
- Experience performing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated willingness and/or experience working with students and/or co-workers from a wide range of abilities, backgrounds, and experiences.
- OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Experience managing ecommerce in a retail environment.
- Experience collaborating with a marketing team.
- Experience managing projects.
- Experience or interest in mentoring students from a variety of backgrounds.
- Life experiences that demonstrate an ability to contribute to CWU's commitment to inclusion and diversity.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Don't meet every single requirement? At CWU we're dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every requirement, we encourage you to apply anyway. This may be the job for you!
Salary: $52,588 - $64,420 annually and dependent upon qualifications and experience
Schedule/Appointment: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) / Hybrid details to be discussed at the time of hire as this position will be based out of the Ellensburg, WA campus and will require multiple days per week on campus
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer workstation for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit:
An employee of CWU may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program if the employee has student loans. To learn more, visit: .