Dothan, AL 36301
Come join our Denny’s Team!
Do you have a “Guest First” attitude?
The Host or Hostess at Denny’s greets guests in a warm, friendly, smiling manner that welcomes them into our restaurant. The Host/Hostess sets the stage for a positive dining experience, engaging in friendly conversation with guests as you perform duties.
Whether you are looking for a Career or just some extra cash, we are open to that!
On the job training
Must have reliable transportation
Denny’s is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military or veteran's status, criminal background, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or local law.
Reporting to the General Manager and Restaurant Manager, the Host/Hostess greets and seats guests in a friendly and courteous manner, receives payment and assists other service personnel as needed to provide total guest satisfaction. Responds to and addresses guests concerns. Exhibits Denny’s Guiding Principles when interacting with others.
Key Business Areas
A “Key Business Area” is an area of performance in which the Host/Hostess must be successful to meet their accountabilities. Successful results in Denny’s Key Business Areas are supported by the following behaviors or actions:
1. Consistently exhibits Denny’s Vision, Mission, and Guiding Principles
2. Greets guests immediately in a friendly manner upon arrival and acknowledges at departure
3. Demonstrates a sense of urgency and meets service cycle timing standards
4. Seats guests at clean, dry tables utilizing proper seating rotation
5. Determines and provides for any special needs of guests
6. Maintains guest waiting list and adheres to proper seating order procedures
7. Describes promotions and suggestively sells while seating guests; takes initial beverage order
8. Attends to any other guest needs during the entire dining experience as warranted
9. Demonstrates safe cash handling procedures in accordance with policy and accurately completes cash, credit card, and discount transactions
10. Uses proper telephone etiquette
11. Enters and delivers “To Go” orders correctly
12. Addresses complaints promptly in a courteous manner, and notifies the supervisor of any issues
13. Assists service personnel in providing beverage orders and refills, and clearing and setting tables
14. Willingly assists other team members without being asked
15. Maintains proper supply of clean menus
16. Lifts and carries supplies and equipment up to 30 lbs.
17. Demonstrates knowledge of station and floor breakdowns
18. Possesses strong product and menu knowledge
19. Maintains foyer area of restaurant to be clean, organized, and inviting to guests
20. Completes all required side-work, including deep cleaning assignments
21. Adheres to Denny’s Brand Standards and internal policies and procedures
22. Provides courteous service and is cordial to all team members and guests
• Must have ability to raise a tray weighing up to 25 lbs.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, wipe, lift, and grasp
• Must have sufficient mobility to move and operate in work area
• Must be able to stand and walk during entire shift
• Must be able hear well in a loud environment to respond to employee and guest needs
• Must possess basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, and divide)
• Must meet any state, county or municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns about food handling
• Must be able to observe and differentiate between monetary denominations
• Must be able to operate point of sale system
• Must be able to work around potentially hazardous chemicals
• Must have ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
• Must be able to pass all required tests and training requirements for the position
• Must be able to work in a team environment
• Meets Denny’s uniform and grooming standards and maintains them throughout the shift
• Must be able to work flexible schedule, including holidays, nights, and weekends
• Must have excellent guest service skills
• Must be dependable and able to learn basic tasks and follow instructions
• Must place a value on diversity and shows respect for others
Denny’s Guiding Principles
1. Guests First
They’re more than just customers or consumers. They are our guests and we invite them into our homes with open arms. They are the very reason why we are in business and the center of everything we do.
2. Embrace Openness
Open means so much more than just being open for business 24/7. It means being open to all people, appetites and budgets. It says we are open-minded and open to new ideas. Honest, warm and inviting. Open is the way we think and act every hour of every day.
3. Proud of Our Heritage
We are the classic American diner and proud of everything that means. Since 1953, we have served quality food and healthy portions at a fair price. No matter where we are, our light is always on inviting guests around the world to a place where everyone is welcome.
4. Hungry to Win
At Denny’s, we are constantly looking ahead. We are always moving, striving for more, hungry for greatness. We are open to fresh, innovative thinking. We believe we will succeed through teamwork, accountability and pushing the boundaries of ourselves and our Brand.
5. The Power of We
Our Denny’s family is our most important asset. We trust, support and respect each other and work together for the greater good. We recognize the contributions of all and empower each and every one of us to achieve great things. Together, we will celebrate our successes and have fun doing it.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or tasks which may be required to be performed in this position.
Denny's may amend, change, or modify the responsibilities and duties of this position to meet business needs as necessary.
?This job description does not constitute a contract for employment and may be changed at the discretion of Denny's with or without notice.
in Dothan, AL
$11.00 to $15.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Dothan, AL 36301 Urgently Hiring
Est. $10.59 - $14.83 Full-time, Part-time Dothan, AL 36301 Urgently Hiring Est. $10.59 - $14.83 Full-time, Part-time Dothan, AL 36301 13 Full-time, Part-time Dothan, AL 36301
Est. $7.67 - $10.55 Full-time, Part-time Dothan, AL 36301
Assistant General Manager
Est. $16.30 - $28.32 Full-time, Part-time Dothan, AL 36301 Est. $10.59 - $14.83 Full-time, Part-time Dothan, AL 36301
Shift Leader - GET PAID DAILY!
Est. $10.59 - $14.83 Full-time, Part-time Dothan, AL 36301 Full-time, Part-time Dothan, AL 36301