Server - Full-time / Part-time
Dothan, AL 36301
Come join our Denny’s Team! As a Server with Denny’s there is no tip share, the opportunity to earn is all up to you. Taking care of our Guests is priority and we are looking for great Servers!
A Denny’s Server has a “Guests First" attitude, responding to guests and coworkers in a timely, courteous, and respectful way.
As a Server at Denny’s, you are the guest’s connection to their meal. You make our guests’ meals and their time here as perfect as possible - so they can sit back and enjoy a moment to relax without any worries at all.
Whether you are looking for a Career or just some extra cash, we are open to that!
On the job training
Must have reliable transportation
Denny’s is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military or veteran's status, criminal background, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or local law.
Reporting to the General Manager and Restaurant Manager, the Server greets, seats, and services guests in a friendly and courteous manner, takes and delivers orders, suggestively sells, receives payment, and assists other service personnel as needed to provide total guest satisfaction. Responds to and addresses guests concerns in a timely and courteous manner. Exhibits Denny’s Guiding Principles when interacting with others.
Key Business Areas
A “Key Business Area” is an area of performance in which the Server must be successful to meet their accountabilities. Successful results in Denny’s Key Business Areas are supported by the following behaviors or actions:
1. Consistently exhibits Denny’s Vision, Mission, and Guiding Principles
2. Demonstrates a sense of urgency when serving guests; meets service cycle timing standards
3. Greets guests immediately upon arrival and acknowledges them at departure
4. Assists with guests seating utilizing proper arrival order and rotation procedures; assists with any special needs
5. Suggestively sells and achieves guest check average targets
6. Accurately enters orders on point of sale system
7. Prepares beverage orders as well as some appetizers, salads, and desserts
8. Checks prepared orders for completeness and presentation
9. Delivers food and beverage orders timely and in accordance with standards
10. Attends to guest during the entire dining experience in a prompt and courteous manner
11. Demonstrates knowledge of station and floor breakdowns
12. Possesses strong product and menu knowledge
13. Uses proper telephone etiquette; assists with “to go” orders
14. Pre-busses tables in a timely manner; clears, cleans, and presets tables promptly upon guests departure
15. Addresses complaints and requests promptly in a courteous manner and notifies the supervisor of any issues
16. Demonstrates safe cash handling procedures in accordance with policy and accurately completes cash, credit card, and discount transactions
17. Willingly assists others without being asked
18. Maintains cleanliness and organization of dining room and service area
19. Completes all required side-work, including deep cleaning assignments
20. Provides prompt and courteous service and is cordial to all team members and guests
21. Adheres to Denny’s Brand Standards and internal policies and procedures
• Ability to lift and carry supplies and equipment up to 30 lbs
• Ability to raise a tray weighing up to 25 lbs to shoulder height
• Able to bend, stoop, reach, wipe, lift, and grab
• Must have sufficient mobility to move and operate in work area
• Must be able to stand and walk throughout a 4 to 8 hour shift
• Must be able to hear well in a loud environment to respond to employee and guest needs
• Must meet any state, county, or municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns about food handling
• Must be able to observe and differentiate between monetary denominations
• Must be able to serve all Denny’s menu products
• Must be able to operate point of sale system
• Must be able to work around potentially hazardous chemicals
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing
• Must be able to pass all required tests and training requirements for the position
• Must be able to work in a team environment
• Meets Denny’s uniform and grooming standards and maintains them throughout the shift
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, nights, and weekends
• Possesses excellent guest service skills
• Possesses basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, and divide)
• Must be dependable and able to learn basic tasks and follow instructions
• Places a value on diversity and shows respect for others
• Minimum age requirement of 21 in restaurants that free pour alcoholic beverages
Denny’s Guiding Principles
1. Guests First
They’re more than just customers or consumers. They are our guests and we invite them into our homes with open arms. They are the very reason why we are in business and the center of everything we do.
2. Embrace Openness
Open means so much more than just being open for business 24/7. It means being open to all people, appetites and budgets. It says we are open-minded and open to new ideas. Honest, warm and inviting. Open is the way we think and act every hour of every day.
3. Proud of Our Heritage
We are the classic American diner and proud of everything that means. Since 1953, we have served quality food and healthy portions at a fair price. No matter where we are, our light is always on inviting guests around the world to a place where everyone is welcome.
4. Hungry to Win
At Denny’s, we are constantly looking ahead. We are always moving, striving for more, hungry for greatness. We are open to fresh, innovative thinking. We believe we will succeed through teamwork, accountability and pushing the boundaries of ourselves and our Brand.
5. The Power of We
Our Denny’s family is our most important asset. We trust, support and respect each other and work together for the greater good. We recognize the contributions of all and empower each and every one of us to achieve great things. Together, we will celebrate our successes and have fun doing it.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or tasks which may be required to be performed in this position.
Denny's may amend, change, or modify the responsibilities and duties of this position to meet business needs as necessary.
This job description does not constitute a contract for employment and may be changed at the discretion of Denny's with or without notice.
in Dothan, AL
Team Member: Food Champion
Est. $8.00 - $8.94 Full-time, Part-time Dothan, AL 36301 Urgently Hiring
Restaurant Team Member
036058 Full-time, Part-time Dothan, AL 36301
Est. $8.00 - $8.94 Full-time, Part-time Dothan, AL 36301
Est. $8.00 - $8.94 Full-time, Part-time, Teen Dothan, AL 36301 10 Full-time, Part-time Dothan, AL 36301
Day Time Team Member
Est. $8.00 - $8.94 Full-time, Part-time Dothan, AL 36301 Est. $8.00 - $8.94 Full-time, Part-time Dothan, AL 36301 Est. $8.00 - $8.94 Full-time, Part-time Dothan, AL 36301
Night Time Team Member
$10-$12.00/hr Full-time, Part-time Dothan, AL 36301