Similar available jobs
in Ellensburg, WA
Est. $17.85 - $32.46 Full-time Ellensburg, WA 98926
Shift Manager - Part Time
$16.75-$17.75 Full-time, Part-time ELLENSBURG, WA 98926
Est. $14.49 - $16.08 Full-time, Part-time Ellensburg, WA 98926
Assistant Restaurant Manager
$17.75-$19.25 Full-time, Part-time ELLENSBURG, WA 98926
Restaurant General Manager
$45000-$65000 Full-time, Part-time ELLENSBURG, WA 98926
Est. $14.49 - $16.15 Full-time, Part-time Ellensburg, WA 98926
Shift Manager - Full Time
$16.75-$17.75 Full-time, Part-time ELLENSBURG, WA 98926
Snack Bar Lead - Village Grill and Market - Full-time / Part-time
Ellensburg, WA 98926
Central Washington University is recruiting a Snack Bar Lead to join our Dining Services team in Ellensburg, Washington. Grow your career in the dynamic world of College and University Dining, and support the campus community through food. In addition to promotion and growth opportunities, CWU offers incredible benefits, including 8 credits in tuition waivers each quarter for employees and 50% off for dependents, generous paid time, and retirement matching. We're offering a salary, depending on experience, from $33,924 - $44,808 annually plus the awesome CWU benefits.
Who we are:
We are a team of individuals committed to Changing Students' Lives. No matter what job, each of us plays a part in supporting and empowering our students to fulfill their dreams.
Working in higher education provides career growth and career choice. Think of a university campus like a mini city, operating across 380 acres. You'll find diverse academics, libraries, athletics and sporting events, full service and quick serve dining, conferences and events from small to large, recreation centers, housing for ~10,000 students, health services, police and public safety.
For the seventh time in eight years, CWU is a recipient of the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine. Come join us on our journey to encourage, inspire, and create spaces where all identities thrive on campus.
Tour our campus in Ellensburg here: .
What we offer:
Our investment in you begins the day you join our team, a healthy and successful future for you is important to us. We offer medical, dental, life and disability insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, tuition assistance for you and your dependents, discounts across town, an employee assistance program for individualized counseling, and a wellness incentive program. Learn more: .
The Snack Bar lead position operates a standalone cafe or espresso stand/market. Working under general supervision, they regularly assign, train, instruct, and check the work of employees in their areas. While independently operating their area of responsibility, they also perform the operational functions and support other dining services as needed.
The Lead position is responsible for student staff, provides customer service and responds to issues or concerns. Helps to ensure student employees follow policies/standards and provides good customer service.
Under indirect supervision, perform work in ordering, receiving, sales, inventory, cash control, and security. Assist, lead, and direct student employees in maintaining efficient, and courteous service of quality, properly portioned food; ensuring that safety and sanitation procedures are followed.
Train new employees until they are comfortable, work with them to assure they are completing tasks correctly. This includes opening, closing and weekend shifts. Assist the Assistant Manager in maintaining espresso training manuals, recipe information, and the current sheets pertaining to the espresso production.
Cooperate in maintaining a productive, harmonious, and positive work environment. Must possess a general understanding that Dining Services is an evolving ever-changing operation designed to react to trends and new information to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. Assist in the daily operations in the C-Store, as well as espresso and other areas of Dining Services, as needed. Till reconciliation and running reports on shift. All employees are expected to support CWU's commitment to diversity and to bring and support inclusion into the university environment.
Snack bar leads can be assigned to The Village, Northside, or any Cafe and Market Location.
- Provides support to Cafe and Market as needed.
- Provides support to the Village grill or other Dining location as needed.
- Maintains the vision, values and priorities of the department and work within the unit for alignment.
- Promotes professional development opportunities.
- Develops and fosters supportive working relationships, motivation and engagement.
- Communicates information to staff on an ongoing basis to influence staff engagement and to be a part of a larger community.
- Recognizes and rewards employees for good performance.
- Maintains visibility and accessibility with customers, building managers and staff members.
- Lead employees in product preparation, serving, customer service, cleaning, and other operational duties.
- Use recipes and defined processes to prepare/provide products and provide services. Provide training and direction to staff to ensure alignment with recipes and processes.
- Set up station, stock/restock, and rotate supplies according to established plans, par levels, and food handling processes/procedures.
- Assign work to employees to meet production and service needs. Check work and provide coaching to ensure performance alignment with expectations.
- Ensure all compliance, food safety, efficiency and quality needs are measured, reported and met/exceeded.
- Report any safety issues and equipment malfunctions to manager.
- Perform opening and closing duties as scheduled while ensuring cleanliness and proper setup/takedown of operational area products, stations, equipment, etc.
- Input employee and other associated data into assigned systems to ensure accurate tracking of information.
- Prepare applicable financial reports as needed.
Operational and Customer Service Support:
- Prepare and sell products to order which may include cold/hot drinks, light food prep, and RTE (ready to eat) products.
- Clean area as needed.
- Receive customer orders and operate point of sales system. Embrace and manage technology to improve flow through in the operation.
- Assist in managing the inventory from ordering to utilization, including purchasing, receipt, storage, payment processing, distribution, production, display and sale.
- Assist in monitoring compliance with marketing standards and promotions and take corrective action.
- Continuously monitors the appearance and quality of all food and food display areas.
- Assists, as needed, with ordering, delivery and preparation of food to meet planned menu and service needs.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for unit performance data to include cash sales, labor hours worked and inventory.
- Assists, as needed, in oversight and training in proper handling, preparation and storage of food products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years in customer service or sales experience in a food service or coffee shop environment.
- OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Demonstrated willingness and/or experience working with students and/or co-workers from a wide range of abilities, backgrounds and experiences.
- Special Condition of Employment:
- Must have or be eligible to obtain WA State Food Handler's permit within 30 days of initial hire date.
- Must be able to obtain SERVSAFE Certification within 6 months of initial hire date.
- Must have a Washington State Driver's license.
- Experience using a point of sale system.
- Demonstrated participation in programs designed to promote inclusion.
- A record of promoting inclusivity in the work environment.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Don't meet every single requirement? At CWU we're dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every requirement, we encourage you to apply anyway. This may be the job for you!
Salary: $2,827 /month with periodic increases up to $3,734 /month
Schedule/Appointment: Dependant on departments needs / WFSE Bargaining Unit 1 / 10.5 cyclic appointment
Working Conditions: Work is performed primarily indoors, at times in hot/cold/noisy/wet areas with some exposure to hazardous equipment and products. Working in temperatures from 0 degrees (freezer) to 350+ degrees (around cooking equipment) is common. Work requires walking and/or standing (often in a stationary position) for the majority of each shift. Bending/climbing/carrying/pulling/pushing/lifting associated with loading/unloading of supplies and preparation, plating and serving of food is required. Occasional overtime is required, and shift work may be required. May need to drive a service vehicle in congested areas.
Work is performed in a dining/snack bar setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to meet the physical demands of standing (or remaining at a workstation) for prolonged periods of time using repetitive arm, hand and finger movements. Some stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, and some carrying or otherwise moving and placing of objects weighing up to 50 lbs. may be required. Evening or weekend shifts may be required.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit:
An employee of CWU may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program if the employee has student loans. To learn more, visit: .
Easy apply food service supervisor jobs
in Ellensburg, WA
Est. $14.49 - $20.24 Full-time, Part-time Selah, WA 98942 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.49 - $20.24 Full-time, Part-time Yakima, WA 98902 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.49 - $20.24 Full-time, Part-time Yakima, WA 98908 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.49 - $20.24 Full-time, Part-time Yakima, WA 98901 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.49 - $20.24 Full-time, Part-time Yakima, WA 98903 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.49 - $20.24 Full-time, Part-time Yakima, WA 98902 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.49 - $20.24 Full-time, Part-time Sunnyside, WA 98944 Urgently Hiring