Safety Coordinator - Part-time
Bartow, FL 33830
We are looking for candidates Would you like to be part of a family who loves to take on exciting challenges? Metromont Corporation has been one of the leaders in the construction industry for nearly a century and is currently accepting resumes for a Safety Coordinator to be part of our dynamic team! This position opening is to be located at our Bartow, FL location.
Metromont was founded in 1925 on the principles of faith, honor, and passion, and many years later, those values are still the foundation of who we are and everything we do. A third-generation company with nearly 1,500 associates across six manufacturing facilities in South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Virginia, Metromont is a leader and pioneer in the engineering and manufacturing of precast concrete. Most of all, we're a trusted partner, working side-by-side with our customers from the earliest stages of project design through turnover of the completed structure. In addition to the production of precast concrete, Metromont provides our customers with complementary design and engineering, hauling, erection, and field services to support their full construction needs. Across the eastern seaboard, the southeast, and even as far was as Arizona, our customers rely on us to provide innovative precast solutions and the best quality for their parking structures, data centers, multifamily housing, office buildings, warehouses, schools, and stadiums. And we do, because a trusted partner is who we are - and who we've been for nearly a century.
- Conduct daily observations of plant work areas to identify potential risk and safety hazards
- Conduct initial safety training orientation to new associates
- Provide training and coaching on Metromont’s Safety Programs
- Provide training to sub-contractors on Metromont’s safety practices
- Participate in behavioral observations and work with other observers to improve their skills
- Assis with safety audits and implementation of corrective action plans
- Investigate safety incidents and participate in Root Cause Analysis process
- Conduct safe equipment operation training for operators
How do we take care of you?
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision Insurance, Telehealth, and Health Savings Account available on your first day of employment
- Wellness Program to support employee health
- 401K with company match
- Paid Vacation
- 7 paid holidays
- Safety Shoe voucher - $150
- Continuing Education Program
New Hire Bonus up to $1,000 ($500 after 90 days, $500 after 180 days)
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Friendly and customer focused
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible with work schedule
- Creative and able to use their imagination to improve existing processes
- Logical thinker
- Associates Degree in Environmental Health and Safety, or other related field
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a safety support or management role
- Prior experience in associate training preferred
- Experience with a Behavior based Safety Program preferred
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
Metromont Corporation (Company) is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to the spirit and letter of all federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to equal opportunity. To this end, the Company does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy (including medical needs due to pregnancy, child birth or other medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected status. This Policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, as well as the use of all Company facilities.
The Company is also committed to making reasonable accommodations based on an individual’s disability, religion, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions (including, but not limited to, lactation), or any other protected status where a reasonable accommodation is required under the law.
No form of unlawful discrimination, unlawful harassment, unlawful refusal to reasonably accommodate or unlawful retaliation will be tolerated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Easy apply repair worker jobs
in Bartow, FL
$20 to $40 Full-time Orlando, FL 32827 Urgently Hiring
The Middlesex Corporation
Roller Operator (Req #: 1283)
Part-time Orlando, FL 32824 Urgently Hiring
The Middlesex Corporation
Senior Estimator (Req #: 1279)
Est. $18.15 - $31.95 Full-time Orlando, FL 32824 Urgently Hiring