Floater Pharmacist - Johnstown, Altoona, Somerset
Altoona, PA 16602
2 days ago
$58 per hour
Job SummaryAs a Floater Pharmacist, you will consistently build relationships with patients by exceeding their needs and providing safe, accurate and efficient care to achieve optimal patient, team member and company outcomes.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Certification or Licensing Required: Immunization License and Valid CPR Certification and valid pharmacy license (multiple states preferred)
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, more than 50%
- Perform all duties to contribute to the safe and efficient dispensing of all patient orders by following all quality assurance policy and procedures.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs including counseling and problem solving.
- Perform all duties of a Pharmacist, including but not limited to, interpret, fill and refill prescriptions for medications/durable medical equipment, reviewing all clinical aspects of the prescription; maintaining
patient profiles; verifying patient receives accurate medications/durable medical equipment.
- Assist Team Leader to provide an optimal team and patient experience by proper delegation of work assignments and efficient use of supplies and equipment.
- Assist Team Leader in maintaining inventories and ordering products and supplies in order to meet patient requirements and maximize profits.
- Maintain a neat and sterile work environment to comply with all company, local, state and federal government requirements.
- Review all appropriate service and business metrics and assist team on action plans to improve outcomes.
- Complete all required paperwork and have knowledge of audit procedures.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs.
- Remain informed and up to date on new drugs, therapies, and developments in the pharmacy industry.
- Maintain professional competency and service skills. Be an advocate for positive change in the pharmacy profession to improve, advance, and expand both patient care and company performance.
- Continuously build professional rapport with outside partners including physicians, nurses, medical assistants, industry representatives and vendors.
- Perform duties of Pharmacy Team Leader and Pharmacy Technician as required.
- Assist in mentoring/training new team members in the Pharmacy.
- Create and maintain a positive work environment for all team members.
- Provide coaching and feedback to Team Members, as appropriate, following proper guidelines.
- Adhere to all company, state and federal policies, laws and regulations.
- Administer immunizations and actively participate in clinical services to optimize patient and company outcomes.
About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Companies hiring pharmacists
in Altoona, PA
Explore more pharmacist jobs
in Altoona, PA
Nearby Job TitlesCustomer Service Representative Jobs Registered Nurse Jobs Insurance Sales Agent Jobs Sales Manager Jobs Driver Jobs
Nearby LocationsAltoona, PA Jobs Tyrone, PA Jobs Ebensburg, PA Jobs Duncansville, PA Jobs Pennsylvania Jobs
Nearby CompaniesFranchise Career Advisor Jobs TTEC Jobs Sheetz Jobs Care.com Jobs UPMC - University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Jobs
Nearby CategoriesFull-time Jobs Part-time Jobs Teen Jobs
Posting ID: 813995720 Posted: 2023-06-08 Job Title: Pharmacist