Similar available jobs
in Raleigh, NC
Est. $13.94 - $17.44 Full-time, Part-time Raleigh, NC 27601
Database Administrator - Part-time
Raleigh, NC 27601
The individual who excels in this position will effectively provide support to the System Database Manager and the database environments for the entire enterprise. This will include monitoring, maintenance and operational support of databases, overseeing the development and organization of the databases, and assessing the implementation of new technologies.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Monitors environment for issues, new database instances and databases offline.
- Performs installations, upgrades, applies patches, backup/recovery, performance tuning and support to address and resolve database issues. Implements and enforces security.
- Performs resource monitoring, file placement, disk management and database backup management.
- Supports applications, including the data warehouse, by running scripts and creating jobs for application maintenance and enhancements, as well as aid in troubleshooting application issues as needed.
- Maintains database documentation and procedural manuals for database management.
- Monitors and maintains appropriate end-user database access and control levels.
- Serves as a source of information by identifying and evaluating industry trends in database systems.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- A minimum of 4 – 6 years of SQL Server Database Administration experience.
- PC proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and the Internet.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Travel required sometimes.
Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows Servers, LDAP directory services and Powershell scripting.
- Experience with data warehouses, ETL using SQL jobs, SSIS packages, reporting in SSRS, Oracle databases, PostgreSQL, SQL tuning and database monitoring.
- Experience with High Availability HA strategies including clustering, mirroring or replication.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Quest Foglight.
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial industry.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic workplace that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27603Requirements: