Front End Developer (Remote Local to Frederick MD) - Full-time / Part-time
Frederick, MD 21703
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to develop, debug, and update the front-end user interfaces for high volume ecommerce and community websites, primarily working on the front-end of our desktop
and mobile websites.
- Creation of pages, promotions and other assets within our content management systems (Endeca, BCC, CMS)
- Keeps current with new web technologies, coding standards, and best practices.
- Helps in defining functional and business requirements, reviews wireframes, createsinteractive prototypes, and follows development guidelines.
- Track issues and bugs with a variety of software programs.
- Collaborates with a multi-disciplinary team that includes server-side developers, information architects, user experience designers, usability engineers, marketers and merchandisers to determine their needs for assigned projects.
- Converts promotions, articles, buying guides, interviews, and other media to HTML/CSS.
- Works with IT and Marketing to ensure the launch of scheduled promotional material.
- Additional duties as assigned
About Guitar Center
The Guitar Center Company embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
E-Commerce brands Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and WWBW offer online sales of a broad selection of music products. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.