Similar available jobs
in Tampa, FL
est. per hourPizza Hut • 8d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourU.S. Navy • 7d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourCheckers & Rallys Drive-In Restaurants • 16h ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourSprouts Farmers Market • 6h ago Urgently hiring
- Busch Gardens • 30d ago
- Busch Gardens • 30d ago
est. per hourTaco Bell • 30d ago
est. per hourSprouts Farmers Market • 8d ago
est. per hourApplebee's • 8d ago
Cook - Yellowstone National Park
Tampa, FL 33612
Cooks - Yellowstone National Park (Summer 2023)
Positions start Mid-April and run through November
High volume, fast-paced and fun! Join the Back of the House team in Yellowstone National Park!
We operate 47 dining venues, including dining rooms, fast-casual, cafeterias, bars, employee facilities, delis and snack shops. Almost half of Yellowstone’s summer staff work for the Food and Beverage Operation! If you are interested in starting or enhancing your food and beverage career, the kitchen is a great place to start. Your work schedule is typically 40 hours, 5 days/per week (may include weekends, evenings, and holidays). Time and a half is paid above 40 hours. Learn more about our .
- As a Cook, you will assist the restaurant Chef and/or Sous Chef in all basic food preparation, performing cooking functions or prep production.
- As an Employee Dining Room Cook, you would be responsible for preparation of meals and feeding our employees according to set recipes. The feeding of our staff is one of our highest priorities.
- You will be responsible for prep, set-up, service, clean up, and restocking of cooks line and appropriate prep areas.
- You will be expected to adhere to all sanitation requirements including product rotation, temperature maintenance and record keeping, storage procedures, cooking requirements, and handling techniques.
Life in Yellowstone Includes
- Live in our nation’s first National Park! Seasonal employees are guaranteed dormitory-style at low cost that includes Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth), laundry, and all utilities ($45.74 + tax per two-week pay period )
- All provided at low cost including breakfast, lunch, and dinner ($170.81 + tax per two-week pay period )
- No Wyoming state taxes deducted from your paycheck
- Participate in our $350 Referral Bonus! Review criteria
- A fast-paced, exciting work environment with plenty of upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Meeting people of all ages, from all over the country and world
Off Work Perks
- Free Employee Recreation Program (recreation centers, athletics, gear rentals, seminars, van trips, hiking, and more).
- Employee discounts on retail, food & beverage, lodging, and activities in Yellowstone
- Employee discounts at local gateway communities
- Access to maintained campgrounds and back country campsites inside and around the park
- Over 1,000 miles of hiking trails inside the park itself
- Fresh air, breathtaking views, and clear night skies
- World-class wildlife viewing of bison, elk, moose, wolves, bears, and more
- Approximately 500 geysers (the largest concentration in the world) and hot springs, including Grand Prismatic, the third-largest in the world
Click for more perks
Why Choose Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection®, we the primary authorized concessionaire in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Get the Scoop from Employees on , , and !
Responsibilities vary by position. Candidates will receive a complete job description if offered a position.
Cook ($17.50-$18.50/hr. dependent on experience)
- Cook positions are available in our guest dining rooms and quick service outlets. Job duties of the position vary by location and function. You may be responsible for preparation, set-up, service, clean up, and restocking of cook line and appropriate prep areas.
Employee Dining Room Cook ($18.50/hr.)
- Responsible for preparing and cooking all meals for our "internal guests". You may be responsible for preparation, set-up, service, clean up, and restocking of cook line and appropriate prep areas.
Qualifications vary by position.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Perform all duties toward the goal of providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
- Follow all policy, procedures, and service standards.
- Responsible for prep, set-up, service, clean up, and restocking of cooks line and appropriate prep areas.
- Adhere to all sanitation requirements including product rotation, temperature maintenance and record keeping, storage procedures, cooking requirements, and handling techniques.
- Ability to work from prep and par lists and follow standardized recipes. Commit food specifications to memory.
- Develop and maintain positive communication and teamwork with all co-workers and supervisors.
- Work quickly, efficiently, and safely with all kitchen equipment.
- Organize and prioritize under pressure while maintaining a pleasant demeanor.
Physical Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch and reach for extended periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.