Similar available jobs
in Indianapolis, IN
Est. $15.41 - $25.96 Full-time Indianapolis, IN 46262 Urgently Hiring Est. $17.87 - $23.00 Full-time Indianapolis, IN 46262 Urgently Hiring
Ross & Baruzzini
Est. $15.41 - $25.96 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46262 Urgently Hiring
Penske Truck Leasing
Body Shop Technician III - $1,500 Sign On Bonus
Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46224 Urgently Hiring
Maintenance Conveyor Mechanic
Est. $14.13 - $22.69 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46262 Urgently Hiring
Mauser Packaging Solutions
Est. $14.13 - $22.69 Full-time Indianapolis, IN 46244 Urgently Hiring Est. $12.97 - $18.99 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46262 Urgently Hiring
TravelCenters of America
Mobile Maintenance Technician I
Est. $14.13 - $22.69 Full-time Indianapolis, IN 46222 Urgently Hiring
Substation Civil/Structural Engineer- Team Contributor 2
Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46262 Urgently Hiring
Maintenance Technician - Full-time / Part-time
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Job no: 511397
Work type: Full Time Hourly
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Ivy Tech Community College is seeking a General Maintenance Tech to perform a variety of maintenance
and repair tasks on the Indianapolis buildings and equipment. The tech will complete minor construction
projects. Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Facilities Maintenance Department by receiving,
prioritizing, issuing and following up on all work orders. This can include plumbing, lighting, electrical,
drywall repair, painting and HVAC. Provide input on performance issues of equipment for management.Major Responsibilities:
* Maintain organization and accountability for materials and tools.
* Replace light bulbs, ballasts, ceiling tiles and HVAC filters.
* Clear stopped up drains.
* Ability to perform snow removal.
* Maintain parking garage surfaces.
* Escort vendors as needed.
* On call for a week at a time, 24 hours per day and 7 days per wk.
* Maintain combustion engine driven equipment.
* Position must be able to work swing shift when needed.
* Ability to assist others to install conduit, wiring circuits, receptacles, switches, and controls. Needs to
understand polarity, 110 voltage, and 208/220 voltage.
* Ability to perform preventive maintenance such as changing filters, lubing, greasing, changing belts
and bearings to maintain existing air-handling units, and exhaust systems.
* Ability to assist others to install copper water lines, drain lines, fixture repair or replacement,
supply lines, ability to install and work on pneumatic lines, and water treatment systems.
* Ability to learn and monitor Honeywell, Johnson Control Metasys, and Trane Tracer Summit Digital
Data Controls (DDC) software program and to daily regulate temperature comfort and control.
* Completes construction projects, including drywall, painting, and carpeting as required.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated
with the position may be assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
* High school diploma or equivalent GED.
* Certificate in relevant maintenance trade or at least 2 years of documented experience.
* Additional experience and familiarity with related condensing boilers, chillers, base-mounted
circulating pumps, air handlers and energy recovery equipment controls.
* Familiarity with field sensors, actuators on dampers and control valves.
* Ability to work with other team members and vendors to complete work.
* The ability to read, write, and understand instructions relating to maintenance tasks.
* Must be able to work from blueprints and plans.
* Must have at least two years of progressively responsible experience in related maintenance work.
* Individual must have valid driver's license and be insurable by the College insurance carrier.
* Must have the ability to use hand and power tools in this trade.
* Ability to motivate, coordinate, and interact fully with contractors.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
* Intermediate level of computer knowledge to utilize Microsoft Office suite and work order system.Preferred Qualifications: * Certification in a maintenance related field. i.e. Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Construction Other Requirements:
The person in this position is required to carry a college provided phone or 2-way radio and be on call
rotation with scheduled call times. Person could be required to work at different locations around the region.
11 am to 8 pm or as assigned.Hiring Range: Team Ivy Referral: Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: 24 Jan 2023 US Eastern Standard Time