Electrical Controls Engineer
| Estimated Pay ||$17 per hour|
|Location||Newton, New Hampshire|
About this job
The Electrical Controls Engineer role develops machine programs for all equipment; diagnose, repair or prevent improperly operating systems and equipment to make it perform the tasks it was designed to do efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop machine programs for CBI Products, stationary, portable, etc.
- Provide aftermarket, customer, and dealer controls support, upgrades, etc. for all CBI Products
- Create BOM's and schematics
- Responsible for research and development of new products
- Create project plan and meet deliverables
- Provide manufacturing support
- Seeks consistent results and operation of a system within specified tolerances
- Follow proper Engineering procedures for ECOs, ECRs, etc.
- Support CBI Purchasing & Warehouse on any relevant inventory concerns
- Produce all required documentation
- Assist in training of CBI Personnel
- Work with subcontractors and power companies during stationary systems installation
- Work with outside vendors to develop controls systems
- Assist in the management of all in house electronics/panel builds.
- Ensures all personnel follow safety protocol, use of PPE, and reporting of unsafe conditions.
- Travel both domestic and abroad to perform on site diagnostics and service.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Minimum of Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- 0 - 3 years of Electrical Design
- 0 - 3 years' experience with PLC programming(Allen Bradley preferred)
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Experience with the Parker IQAN Control System
- Knowledge of industrial controls systems
- Familiarity with NEC, NFPA 79 and CE requirements
- Knowledge of Auto Cad (Auto Cad Electrical preferred)
- Experience with remote radio controls
- Some knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Ability to travel, both domestic and abroad and possess valid passport.
If you are interested in an open position but feel you may not meet all the listed qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
At Terex,we fully embrace the increasingly diverse world around us and strive to create an empowering and welcoming workplace culture. We are a $4.0 billion publicly traded global manufacturer of materials processing and aerial work platform products and services. We are passionate about producing equipment that helps improve the lives of people around the world and providing our team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact.
While our operations are global, each office or factory is a close-knit community. We value diversity, equity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage, citizenship, and continuous improvement. It's an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector - come join us!
We see inclusion as a key to our success and are committed to actively foster a culture where every team member feels valued, listened to, and appreciated. We are committed to being fair and impartial in our decisions, ensuring equity within our workplace.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting the Recruiting department (person or department) at
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.