The job below is no longer available.
Similar available jobs
in Newport News, VA
Est. $17.52 - $29.58 Full-time, Part-time Newport news, VA 23601 Urgently Hiring
$14 - $18 per hour Full-time, Part-time Newport news, VA 23601 Urgently Hiring
Est. $11.21 - $17.08 Full-time Newport News, VA 23601 Est. $11.21 - $17.08 Full-time, Part-time Newport news, VA 23601 Urgently Hiring
$14 - $18 per hour Full-time, Part-time Newport news, VA 23601 Urgently Hiring Est. $11.21 - $17.08 Full-time, Part-time Newport news, VA 23601 Urgently Hiring
Restaurant Shift Leader
Est. $11.21 - $17.08 Full-time, Part-time Newport news, VA 23601 Urgently Hiring
Restaurant Shift Leader
Est. $11.21 - $17.08 Full-time, Part-time Newport news, VA 23601 Urgently Hiring Est. $11.21 - $17.08 Full-time, Part-time Newport news, VA 23601 Urgently Hiring
Supervisor, Finance - Part-time
Newport News, VA 23606
30 days ago
$60 per hour
About this job
Canon Virginia, Inc.
Requisition ID: 28860
Position Type: Full-Time
Are you interested in growing your career as a supervisor with a leading global manufacturer? Canon Virginia, Inc. is on the forefront when it comes to working with emerging technologies, and we are rapidly expanding to be the region's Technical Headquarters. We are seeking an innovative and hardworking leader to join our Are you interested in growing your career as a supervisor with a global leading manufacturer? Canon Virginia, Inc. is on the forefront when it comes to working with emerging technologies, and we are rapidly expanding to be the region's Technical Headquarters. We are seeking an innovative and hardworking leader to join our accounting family!
- Responsible for performance and activities of direct reports to include allocation of workload, goal setting, coaching, training and providing continuous feedback. Oversees and provides clear direction on assigned work.
- Develops personnel to ensure efficient and highly skilled workforce to meet the department and organizational goals/activities; recommends training, assigns projects, and provides other avenues for employee development opportunities; provides constructive feedback and coaching to members when necessary to encourage professional development.
- Assigns or delegates responsibility for specific projects, tasks or assignments; provides clear direction and continuous feedback, resolves problems, prepares work schedules, establishes objectives and sets deadlines to ensure completion of operational functions.
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration between subordinate employees to promote knowledge sharing and increase department morale.
- Conducts performance management activities, counsels, and advises subordinates concerning performance. Monitors and documents employee performance for annual performance review.
- Initiates, recommends, and approves personnel actions such as hires, promotions, transfers, and discharges for area of responsibility based on departmental/organizational needs.
- Works with recruiting during the hiring process (i.e. reviewing resumes, participating in interviews, providing timely feedback, etc.); acclimates new hires; assigns, directs and evaluates their work; provides continuous feedback.
- Adheres to all state and federal employment laws. Oversees accounting procedures and processes ensure compliance with government regulations, as well as established company policies, procedures and controls.
- Oversees general ledger, Budgeting, monthly cost analysis, and reporting to parent company\subsidiaries; responds to inquiries, development of process and procedures, controls financial data flow, and resolves discrepancies as required.
- Oversees the preparation of periodic financial statements and the corporate annual report.
- Ensures that financial reports comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Oversees the system of Accounting internal controls and processes to minimize risk.
- Supports the Company's overall month-end and quarter-end accounting close and financial reporting process.
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensures the timely reporting of all monthly and quarterly financial information.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department; assigns or delegates projects, tasks, and assignments to direct reports; ensures goals and deadlines are met.
- Provides training, leadership, and support to ensure timely and accurate payroll transactions.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience, and 3-5 years' experience preferably with a consumer product manufacturing company.
- Previous lead or supervisory experience preferred.
- CPA, CMA, and/or MBA preferred.
- Strong knowledge and management of accounts payable, accounts receivable, inter\intra-company consolidations, General ledger management, cost accounting, financial systems integration, and business processes improvement.
- Experience with Oracle, Hyperion or similar ERP system. (EPMS preferred). Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Financial and Standard Costing principles required.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and judgement when handling confidential, sensitive, and/or controversial information.
- Awareness and sensitivity of working in a multicultural environment. Frequent interaction with expatriate employees.
- Must be 18 years of age to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor. We are required under federal law to invite you to voluntarily self-identify in various categories. Relevant forms will be included at several steps in the recruitment process.
About our Company - Canon Virginia, Inc. located in Newport News, Virginia is a global manufacturer for Canon's office and consumer products. Our innovative and efficient production methods along with our environmental commitment make us a leading global manufacturer. Since opening our doors in 1985, Canon Virginia has provided world class manufacturing services. It is the policy of Canon Virginia, Inc. (CVI) to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, national origin, or physical/mental disability except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy relates to all phases of recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits administration and participation in company sponsored employee activities. This includes hiring, promotions, demotions, transfers, layoffs, recall, training and terminations. Employment practices will conform to all federal, state and local laws on non-discrimination. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Easy apply food service supervisor jobs
in Newport News, VA
charley's philly steaks
Charleys Philly Steaks
11 Part-time, Full-time Newport News, VA 23606 Urgently Hiring
Subway® Shift Manager
$16 - $18 per hour + sick pay Part-time, Full-time Virginia Beach, VA 23454 Urgently Hiring
Est. $11.21 - $17.08 Full-time, Part-time Virginia beach, VA 23452 Urgently Hiring
Canon Virginia Inc
Part-time Newport news, VA 23606 Urgently Hiring
Charleys Philly steaks
Charleys Philly steaks Macarthur Mall
11 Part-time, Full-time Norfolk, VA 23510 Urgently Hiring
Est. $11.21 - $17.08 Full-time, Part-time Virginia beach, VA 23454 Urgently Hiring