Similar available jobs
in Livonia, MI
Every other weekend RN Manager
Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Part-time Livonia, MI 48152 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.18 - $17.29 Full-time, Part-time Farmington, MI 48336 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.18 - $17.29 Full-time, Part-time Livonia, MI 48152 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.18 - $17.29 Full-time, Part-time Farmington, MI 48336 Urgently Hiring
Medical Assistant I
Est. $14.18 - $17.29 Full-time, Part-time Livonia, MI 48152 Urgently Hiring
Medical Assistant - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus - Full-time / Part-time
Livonia, MI 48152
Sign-on Bonus $2,000 Full-time OB GYN Livonia
Under the direction of management and physician leadership, performs and oversees functions related to the clinical activities including, but not limited to: maintains patient flow by assisting and promoting the delivery of primary and preventative health care, performs technical procedures, lab protocols and clinically oriented activities under physician/provider direction. The Medical Assistant III will assist management in achieving office efficiencies in accordance with stated policies/procedures to ensure efficient operations with a focus on supporting physicians, clinic staff and management which embodies the "Service First" philosophy to promote customer satisfaction.
- Acts as an assistant to the physician/provider by providing primary healthcare and patient care management.
- Collaborates work efforts with the clerical staff to optimize operations and patient flow.
- Interacts with outside healthcare facilities and agencies involving patient care and insurance.
- Maintains updated competencies, demonstrating ability to speak to leadership and accreditation bodies about process and workflow.
- Perform front office duties to provide coverage as needed.
- Provide coverage in other departments or locations as needed.
- Demonstrates excellent customer services skills and supports the model of patient and family centered care.
- Performs and is formally assigned (2) of the additional responsibilities as part of their primary duties, which should be at least 20% or more of dedicated time:
- Primary Care gaps in care identification, outreach, and chart preparation
- Residency clinic role
- High level disinfection
- Designated new hire preceptor
- Role in practice participating in or leading special programs/grants (i.e. CPC Plus, SIM, Vaccine for Child Program, process improvement, service excellence ambassador)
- Care management (PDCMs)
- Qualified language interpreter
- Super User for EPIC or specific competency
- Advanced provider support – assisting with complex procedures and/or infusion/chemo scheduling.
- Multi-site/flexible pool assignment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Completion of an accredited MA program, including a clinical rotation, or equivalent experience required.
- Work Experience:
- Twelve (12) months MA work experience or a completed Beaumont MA internship and (6) months MA work experience is required. 2-3 years of MA experience is preferred.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- Current BCLS card.
- Active CMA, RMA, NCMA, CCMA, EMT, or LPN certification/licensure or within 90 days of hire required.
- Other Qualifications:
- Must be able to perform diagnostic testing, EKG’s, administer injections, blood pressures, navigate Epic One chart electronic health record, and assist with minor surgical procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians, nurses, medical assistant students, practice administration, and patients.
- Must exhibit behavior associated with the Beaumont Standards of service, respect, ownership, and attitude.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- 50 to 75% of time on feet, frequent moving from sitting to standing.
B. Work Environment:
- Medical Office/Practice/Hospital unit.
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.