Similar available jobs
in Tampa, FL
FirstLight Home Care
RN-Registered Nurse Part-time (PRN-As needed basis)
Est. $28.67 - $35.28 Full-time, Part-time Tampa, FL 33647
EHS Specialist - Full-time
Tampa, FL 33646
BUSINESS: Leslie Controls, Inc
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
DIRECT REPORTING: EHS & Facilities Manager
The Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist is a key member of the CIRCOR Aerospace and Defense EHS Team. This position will focus on risk reduction and improving EHS performance. The EHS Specialist will assure compliance with all applicable EHS policies and resolve EHS deficiencies and/or issues. This role will have responsibility for safety and environmental administration, injury case management, ergonomic injury prevention, technical safety advice and site-wide safety training. This position reports directly to the EHS & Facilities Manager
Principle ActivitiesImplements environmental, health and safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and environmental rules and regulations.
- Serve as champion of the Waste Management Program, facilitating the hazardous waste management process and providing oversight for hazardous waste storage and shipment.
- Implements facility environmental program in the areas of hazardous waste, storm water pollution and wastewater management; informs management of environmental problems (and solutions) involving employees, the company and public. In addition, prepares/submits environmental reports in compliance with local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
- Ensure all employees, both hourly and management receive all training necessary to safely perform their respective duties. This includes training for managers on programs they are required to implement.
- Implements and trains site personnel on various EHS policies and programs, including, but not limited to safety practices, fire prevention, personal protective equipment, regulations, and standards.
- Identifies and suggests corrective measures to improve each sites accident experience and to suggest/implement means to achieve site EHS goals.
- Ensures that mandatory OSHA reporting (U.S only) is completed i.e.: annual OSHA 300 log.
- Inspects facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Drives the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced setting, perform other EHS duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Well-developed analytical skills and problem-solving skills; comfort with complexity and ambiguity.
- Well-developed knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to utilize time and resources effectively and efficiently.
- Sense of urgency; ability to act quickly in a fast-paced environment. Ability to complete tasks on time with high quality.
- Receptive to feedback.
- Establish expectations, motivate, delegate; get work done through others effectively.
- Dedication to meeting/exceeding expectations while keeping the customer in mind.
- High ethical standards and attention to reputational and compliance risks
- Ability to prioritize tasks in real time and exercise judgment in high-paced, high-stakes environment
- Clear and organized communications skills (written and verbal)
- Lead and drive results from a diverse group of individuals in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated to identify gaps and recommend solutions.
- Ability to use successfully root cause and problem-solving tools to drive continuous improvement.
- Experience working with Safety Programs such as Lockout-Tagout, Industrial Vehicles, Hoisting Equipment, Electrical Safety, Fall Protection, Confined Space, Ergonomics, and Industrial Hygiene Programs.
- Experience in Waste Management Programs
- Background in incident investigations, such as 5-Why, etc.
Education & Experience
- BachelorsdegreeinSafety, EHS or business-relatedfield. Experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Two plus years experience as an EHS focused role.
- US Citizen
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities