Similar available jobs
in Haverhill, MA
Southern New Hampshire Health
Become an LNA with Southern NH Medical Center - Summer Program
Full-time Plaistow, NH 03865 Urgently Hiring
Behavioral Health Associate - Part Time (32 Hours) - All Shifts - Part-time
Haverhill, MA 01830
This is a great opportunity for candidates working on a degree in social work, psychology, nursing, counseling, or human services. We require one year of experience in one of these fields OR relevant education.
There is a significant pay increase after 6 months as well as a promotion guaranteed to those who obtain satisfactory performance reviews. There is also a significant pay increase for the completion of a Bachelors degree in one of the fields listed above.
We offer paid training as well as up to $2,000 of tuition reimbursement per year.
You will have a biweekly rotating schedule, with every other weekend required in your schedule. The COVID vaccine is required for employment, and we offer free COVID vaccines to those who want it.
This could be either full-time or part-time.
Description of Duties:
Ensure the well being of patients and provide a positive, supportive and structured environment
- Patient safety is addressed through required rounds by the behavioral health associate/mental health technician. Patient room is clean and uncluttered. Observation may be assigned every 15 minutes, within reach of patient and/or 1:1 patient care.
- Obtain patients vital signs, height and weight as assigned. Ensure documentation of information.
- Engage with patient in activities and interactions designed to encourage achievement of treatment goals. You could do anything from leading substance abuse/relapse prevention groups to leading music group therapy.
- Applies de-escalation techniques to help manage patients emotions, behavior and participation in treatment and assist with seclusion and restraint when necessary.
- As part of the multidisciplinary team provide safety and increase coping skills of patient and assist in developing strategies for helping patients to be as independent as possible.
- Collaborate with other staff in working with the population of the facility to treat, rehabilitate and return patient to the community.
- Monitor behavioral improvements and reinforce these behaviors. Report changes and responses to treatment by communicating with team. Significant changes are reported to nurse immediately.
- Reinforce skills patients learn from nurses, physicians, therapist that promote improved physical and mental wellness.
- Lead or co-lead individual or group sessions as part of specific recreational or therapeutic procedures.
- May participate in rehabilitation and treatment programs as well as teach strategies to promote patient wellness and independence.