Similar available jobs
in Indianapolis, IN
$18.00 Hourly Full-time Indianapolis, IN 46262 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.57 - $21.54 Full-time Indianapolis, IN 46262 Urgently Hiring
Formel D GmbH
Travel Automotive Technician
Est. $14.13 - $22.69 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46262 Urgently Hiring
Veolia North America
Field Service Specialist
Est. $11.66 - $20.52 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46262 Urgently Hiring
Class B Environmental Field Chemist
Est. $12.97 - $18.99 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46262 Urgently Hiring
Substation Civil/Structural Engineer- Team Contributor 2
Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46262 Urgently Hiring
Novartis Group Companies
Site Equipment & CQV Lead
Est. $28.43 - $51.93 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46262 Urgently Hiring $18.00 Hourly Full-time Indianapolis, IN 46262 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.13 - $22.69 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46262 Urgently Hiring
Specialist Technician - US Remote - Full-time / Part-time
Indianapolis, IN 46262
Job Title: Specialist Technician
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Technical Service Group
Reports to: Manager, Measurement and Automation
General Description / Purpose:
Provide field support to Lease Operations, R&D, and OEM Customers around the world. Serve to focus efforts toward coordination and fulfillment of successful field operations tests while maintaining customer needs and minimizing interference with daily operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrate individual discretion in decision-making when advising customers on warranty claim matters and defining criteria for the safe operation of equipment.
- Contribute to building excellent company/customer working relationships.
- Lead up to 12 people to safely complete upgrade and overhaul projects involving programming, electrical, and fluid power tasks. Provide work direction to operators in conducting technical repairs.
- Assist, train, and observe Field Technician performance for use in evaluations as related to job performance.
- Schedule machine Technician visits using EAM work order system or by using a generated Technician list from machine Managers.
- Apply advanced knowledge to utilize Rockwell Automation software to read PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) and HMI (Human Machine Interface) software as well as electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics to troubleshoot equipment problems to ensure maximum productivity and safe operation of specialized railroad equipment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair problems with machine control systems that include device level networks such as Ethernet TCP/IP, Modbus RTU/TCP-IP, J1939, CAN Bus, RSNetworx for ControlNet and RSNetworx for DeviceNet to assist in reducing equipment downtime.
- Responsible for diagnosing problems, estimating repair costs, ordering parts, minimizing re-work, proper use and care of tools and equipment, on-the-job safety practices, and proper job documentation including technical report writing.
- Design, develop, and deliver both classroom and on-the-job training for internal and external customers that incorporate electronic media presentations and hands-on simulations.
- Complete projects accurately to specifications within performance standard guidelines as set by Loram: repair time, quantity of repairs/labor efficiency and other measures.
- Analyze key performance indicators and interpret historical data systems’ performance to identify, recommend, and implement design changes and modifications that reduce life-cycle costs, improve machine productivity, and/or enhance safety of personnel or the environment.
- Has the ability and desire to approach technical education as a life-long process to stay current in the field including PLC Programming, Power and Controls Systems, Laser Measurement Technology, Industrial Computing, and Data Analysis while maintaining related certifications and credentials and exhibiting a high level of job performance.
- Business Acumen
- Global Acumen
- Courageous Decision Making
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Planning and Organizing
- Values Based Leadership
Education: Associates Degree in Automation, Fluid Power, Electronics, Robotics, Computer Science, or similar
- 5+ Years developing and/or troubleshooting PLC and HMI software.
- 5+ Years working experience troubleshooting electrical, hydraulic, and/or pneumatic circuits using schematics and diagrams.
Licenses/Certifications: Maintain Railroad Certifications,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience with 3 or more of the following disciplines:
- Hardware and software repair of PLC and Industrial PC systems.
- 480 Volt AC power generation, including 3 phase power distribution.
- Parallel operation generator load sharing.
- Diesel mechanics.
- Low voltage control systems including relay logic, discrete and analog inputs and outputs, discrete and analog end devices such as sensors, valves, and other electrical control devices.
- Fluid power including hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- SCR / IGBT electric drive systems including DC tractions motors.
- AC inverter electric drive systems including AC traction motors.
- Hydrostatic drive systems, including pumps motors, controls, and/or hydrostatic traction motors.
- Non-contact laser measurement, including electrical, software, networking, and database management.
- Digital and analog video and audio recording systems.
- Industrial computers and related networking components including hardware setup and software installation, computer imaging, virtual machine creation, and software licensing.
- Cellular internet access maintenance including remote access, firewall setup and related network security.
- GPS systems commissioning and maintenance.
- Data analysis with Rockwell Software and/or Microsoft Office and SQL
- Dashboarding with C#, Java, Visual Basic, and/or HTML5.
- Strong computer and computer applications such as Microsoft SQL Server, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong working knowledge in reading and troubleshoot Rockwell Software PLC and HMI software.
- Be familiar with communication networks such as Ethernet TCP/IP, Modbus, J1939, CAN Bus, RSNetworx for ControlNet and RSNetworx for DeviceNet.
- Experience programming with languages such as C#, HTML, Java Script and Visual Basic would be preferred but is not required.
- Ability to maintain a flexible travel calendar.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering.
- 1+ Years strong programming experience with languages such as C#, HTML and Java Script.
- 1+ Years working with database software such as Microsoft SQL Server.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office deskwork, requiring sitting, walking, using phone & computer
- May lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- 70% or more travel including international
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes challenging conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad environment.
Loram is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Easy apply machinery maintenance worker jobs
in Indianapolis, IN
Est. $29.17 - $50.84 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46254 Urgently Hiring
Est. $14.57 - $21.54 Full-time, Part-time Plainfield, IN 46168 Urgently Hiring
Fabrication Group Leader
Est. $28.43 - $51.93 Full-time, Part-time Greenwood, IN 46143 Urgently Hiring
O'Neal Manufacturing Services
Est. $17.87 - $23.00 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46236 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46254 Urgently Hiring
O'Neal Manufacturing Services
Est. $14.57 - $21.54 Full-time, Part-time Indianapolis, IN 46236 Urgently Hiring